Chapter 21

Espresso's Pov

"SCOREEE!" The stadium side I was on roared as Blackberry scored another goal, pulling their team ahead by one point.

From either side of me, Raspberry and Madeleine yelled happily. It felt like their voices sounded louder than the rest of the cookies. 

Here, I felt out of place. If it was just some random soccer match, I could observe quietly or slip out, but it was Black's team against this jerky annoying team for the finals. Hence, I was clapping and yelling while trying to blend in with the crowd so I look like the least a crazy cookie. Which was hard to do when Madeleine kept turning to shake my shoulders.

The roar died down and I placed both my hands to the side of my head, rubbing it in circles to soothe the ringing growing in my ears. Pomegranate's word snuck into my mind again, and I pursed my lips, my eyebrow scrunching up. 

There was a good chance that it was true. That Affogato was here. If that was the case, I should rid him, but how? Perhaps kill him off this word? No, I can't. He certainly deserves it, for what he did, but I can't kill him. Torturing him means seeing his face contort into pain, but I didn't want to waste my time doing so and that could mean recovering and revenge once I go to jail and he's rescued.

If only I could knock him out and hand him over to the Republic Padalins so that at least he'd be punished for attacking Red Velvet. Still, I can't do that either, since there's no proof Affogato did so. 

I highly doubt there's evidence that he is even in the Republic. He mostly illegally entered, and even if there was proof, he could reason that Chiffon attacked him first and it was self-defence. Since he was in the Republic, another thing is that he wouldn't be arrested for his crimes in the Dark Cacoa kingdom.

Lying, deceitful, snake, as Dark Cacoa, his son, and daughter-in-law would call him.

I could beat him up badly and go to Dark Cacoa. It'll just take a while due to travelling time and finding him, but I'm positive it would be worth it.

Another question is, how is he surviving and alive? He could be doing illegal deals or tricking someone, but undoubtedly he would've been seen and the word should have spread, or still lingering in the air after only a few months of him fleeing the Dark Cacoa Kingdom. He has a heart of evil, but he was good-looking.

If only he minded his own business and stayed out of my life for eternity, I may not be so worked up, but he... he...

I groaned and tightened my fists, tugging on my dark hair.

It was unlike me to mess up my hair and wear these outfits.

It's selfish me, I'm pretty sure, to ponder about ending Madeleine's parents, Affogato, and more lives, instead of cheering, so carefree, like the others, and disliking it instead. 

Like, who would like to break their eardrums?

I suppose it did make the players get pumped up and excited, but me? Not at all. If they did that for me, I'd be nervous, skeptical, and bemused. I'd presume they would be sore at me if I lost or screwed up.

It would pressure me nearly as much as a direct order from Dark Enchantress, or well, once would. Was it 17 when I didn't feel pressured anymore? 

A vociferous scream from Madeleine woke me from my thoughts with a dramatic effect as I tumbled from my seat. Madeleine grabbed my armpits and heaved me onto my seat in a blink of an eye before he went back to screaming.

"YOU BETTER NOT LOSE TO THAT JOCK, BLACK!" Raspberry urged, jumping up to her feet.

"Yeah! You got this~!" Parfait screeched, and with a sing-song edge, added, "Show that he should shut his mouth!"