Chapter 37

No'ones Pov (With Madeleine's Family...)

"You're so quick to change your mind, Damien," Saphire drawled as she fixed her hair, securing the Madeleinecrest at the center of the back of her head.

Her blonde hair was pulled back in a half-up style, cascading onto her bare shoulders. She wore a pale arctic blue dress that clung to her waist and swept to the floor in layers. A golden trim outlined the bottom of each layer, the sweetheart neckline, and the skirtline in intricate designs. 

A large sapphire was at the right side of the skirtline, and the designs swept away from it along with the dress direction. Silver strings dangled off the jewel, mixing with the layers of the dress, with more blue gems embedded into the string and layers, making her sparkle at the right angle.

Pivoting on her white heels with pale-as-glass designs, Saphire brushed her sapphire earrings as she tucked a hair strand behind her ears. Smiling, she said sweetly, "But at least that guarantees Espresso as my partner."

"Well, you know me. I enjoy the thrill of the chases and getting what I want... then typically discarding it," Damien said nonchalantly, casting a side glance at his sister. He narrowed his eyes slightly, his lips curling up, "I still want one night with him."

Damien wore high-waisted black pants with a white vest. The Madeleine crest settled at the base of his collarbone where the tie usually was. A white fur slung from his left shoulder, and on the other shoulder, the Epaulette was visible. Beneath the fur, hung a dark blue cloth with golden trim and 3 ropes of decor.

He smoothed out his golden cuffs and brushed back his hair, checking himself in the mirror as Saphire sighed happily.

"That means I can have him, right?" She said needily, to which Damien didn't reply immediately.

"Damien!" She snapped impatiently, and he groaned.

"Well, I'm not certain," he said dismissively, earning a gasp from Saphire, "Plus, you can find a new boy toy soon enough, and we know that Espresso is certainly no toy. Nor do you know Espresso well enough to claim you want to stay with him loyally and forever."

"Well, we don't marry for love, and if I birthed his child, it would be advantageous to our family. The child will be powerful!" She retorted, offended, glaring at Damien.

"Has it occurred to you that he and Pomegranate having a child will be far more powerful and what Dark Enchantress would dictate?" Damien scoffed, standing up from the plush sofa.

"In the end, I've chosen Pomegranate after realizing who she is after discovering her existence, but I won't be giving my all to her, and I don't expect her to either."

"I swear, it's like you're an empty-headed pretty face sometimes," he muttered under his breath, "But whatever, marrying you off is one of the backup plans grandfather has that we don't need to use now, luckily for you."

Thankfully, Saphire didn't hear the last sentences Damien said, or her reaction would have been much more violent. She drew in a sharp breath, pursing her lips, "So what are you suggesting? That I give him up?"

"Saphire," A voice boomed, and both cookies fell silent quickly.

Three pairs of footsteps echoed into the room, belonging to their parents and uncle.

"Remember," Cream Madeleine critisized, narrowing his eyes, "Your love interests are for games only. If Espresso wishes to reciprocate, so be it, but the final decisions come down to his leader, Dark Enchantress. What happens to you is decided by me and your grandfather."