Chapter 11

Madeleine's Pov

"Delivery!" I heard a voice call and a knock on the door from the speakers.

Since my aunts preferred not to have any workers around, they or Blackberry usually got the mail. It was kind of a drag, considering they had to walk through the long halls after hearing the intercom when they were in a farther room. Although, the mansion was smaller than my manor.

Since Blackberry and my aunts weren't here, somebody else needed to get it. That someone would best be me because I've been here countless times before!

"I can get it!" I announced, standing up.

"Kayy," My friends mumbled between snarling down food and talking to each other loudly.

I headed down the corridors quickly and reached the open entry space where the front door was. I swung the front door open and saw a huge cake with legs awaiting me. It took me a second to realize it was a worker who was carrying a cake as tall as they were. When I did, I panicked.

"I'm so sorry, let me help you with that my friend!" I exclaimed, stepping forward.

"That's okay!" A raspy voice huffed, "Be a dear and move aside."

"Uhm, okay! Are you sure you don't need help carrying it though? It's pretty heavy," I asked as I watched her teeter forward under the cake's weight.

"Help find somewhere I can place this please!" She replied with annoyance, so I led her to the first place I had in mind, the large dining room where my friends were at.

"Alright! There should be a cake table around here somewhere," I said, remembering how my aunts bought and placed cakes on top of a special table before some event.

We entered the hall with a clatter with me trailing after the worker, and Parfait immediately squeaked, "Do you need help?!" 

"No, that's fine," The worker answered, "Where's the table, Madeleine?"

"Uh- oh! It's right here," I said, motioning to the vacant oak table covered in a huge light blue and white cloth.

I suddenly froze as I watched her set the cake slowly down on the center of the table.

"How do you know his name?" Caramel Arrow questioned, slitting her eyes suspiciously.

Dark Choco and the 2 cookies of - ex-cookies of darkness - also froze, and it felt like poison filled the air around them. Even for Red Velvet. I knew they were thinking of this Affogato guy...

..but me, Parfait, Latte, and Raspberry were definitely thinking of Cherry Blossom Cookie from the Vanilla Kingdom. The pink hair tea party cookie who had rudely acted as if Espresso was her boyfriend in front of a crowd of cookies who had bid Caramel Arrow farewell when she was returning to the Dark Cacoa Kingdom. Caramel Arrow's facial expression changed from scared to furious to annoyed and disgusted, so I felt that she had begun thinking this cookie wasn't Affogato, but instead Cherry Blossom.

I looked at the worker and examined her features. She wore a white uniform, slightly crinkled, with a vanilla cake symbol and black leggings. She had her brunette hair pulled up into a ponytail which paired with her hazelnut eyes.

She didn't look anything like Cherry Blossom.

"Well, your f-family is well known here!" the worker giggled awkwardly as she fiddled with a loose lock, "It'd be shameful if I didn't know who Madeleine was! S-same with Parfait, tons of cookies here know who she is!"