Chapter 16

No'ones Pov

It was pretty shocking to the bustling workers who were setting up decorations when nine cookies came into the huge ballroom with a cake pup bounding after them and two unconscious cookies being carried. On closer inspection, they saw that one of the unconscious cookies was Madeleine who they knew very well from house Madeleine, and the other was the 'hot foreigner' who had taken up half the rumours of the Republic in a day.

Thankfully, Blackberry Cream Madeleine was among them, alive and conscious, so they knew that the group wasn't a band of kidnappers or killers. One of the younger maids was shoved by the cookies surrounding her, and she gave them a dirty look before being sent off to negotiate with the newcomers.

It was a bit of a mistake though, when the maid recognized Parfait as her #1 idol. She took one look at everybody's faces, and her eyes interlocked with Parfait's for a millisecond, causing her to give an ear-piercing squeal before sprinting away leaving a cloud of dust behind.

"What was that?" Raspberry commented, then spotted a few clumps of workers staring at them, "What? Do you want to challenge me to a duel?"

They apologized furiously and turned away from them and to their work unwillingly.

"This is private property. It is not for just any cookie," An icy voice scolded from the top of the ballroom steps, where the throne was usually located.

The cookies looked up, flinching, except for Blackberry Cream Madeleine. Standing there, was a strict looking cookie in a tight black pencil skirt, a white tucked in shirt, and a mellow yellow tie. She had pulled her dark blue almost black hair into a tight bun and she scowled down at the newcomers through her thin rectangular glasses with her dark blue eyes. Pomegranate frowned disapprovingly and glared back silently in the same manner, clenching her mirror.

Standing next to her, stood a cookie with blonde hair with lavender coloured eyes. She wore a pink corset and a purple dress that reached the floor with its layered ends cut off into the petals of a tulip like shape. The secretary looked around only 25, whereas the cookie in the dress looked like she was in her mid-thirties.

"Hahah! No need to be so stiff, Brook!" The cookie beside her chuckled.

"Mrs. Tulip! Sorry for intruding!" Blackberry waved and the secretary scowled harder, "We're looking for our friends, SParkling and the others!"

"Oh! Blackberry Cream Madeleine!" Tulip exclaimed, clapping her hands -'Just Blackberry, remember?' Blackberry muttered under her breath -, "Oh right, Sparkling mentioned something about his friends coming to solve an issue, he even asked for invites..."

"Where is he?" Chocolate Mocha quipped, looking around the room.

"Mr. Sparkling is getting his measurements taken so that we can start making his outfit," Brook informed, pushing her glasses up, "But Herb, Cocoa, Mint, and Vampire are in the gardens."

"Herb's wonderful with plants!" Tulip sighed, her voice sounding impressed, "Oh! Here they come now... without Vampire. Not again..."

Sure enough, Herb, Alchemist, Mint, and Cocoa strolled into the spacious room. Right then, Blackberry was pulled away into a conversation with some nearby workers who were taking a break. 

When Herb spotted the group his face looked relieved, before spotting the unconscious cookies sacked over Red Velvet's shoulders. He hurried to them, his face worried now. Alchemist clicked her tongue annoyed and followed him, with the couple behind her.

"Finally. You guys are here!" Alchemist said with an exasperated groan as if she had been waiting for years.

"Sorry, sorry," Latte said, not sounding sorry at all, but rather too tired to care.