Chapter 9

Espresso's Pov

I woke up to the sound of my acquaintances' - or friends' - voices and their fists pounding against the hotel door. They were certainly loud, considering the door was in a separate room from the bedroom.

I groaned. If I could not research due to this ridiculous hotel rule, I wanted to at least stay in Madeleine's warm arms which wrapped around me. It was laughable, how I was being hugged like a teddy bear. Not that I minded.

I snuggled a bit more into Madeleine's chest and smiled softly, looking up to see his adorable and pretty face. It was a good thing I kept my glasses on, I silently nodded.

"Espresso! We are going to begin breakfast without you!" Chocolate Mocha yelled.

"Let me handle this.." I heard Pomegranate mumble and Dark Choco say, "I hope your idea isn't blasting the door down with a curse."

"Espresso, may I add that they serve some quite tasty coffee that can also be customized to your liking," I heard Pomegranate say cooly as the others fell silent so she could be heard, "Although, perhaps you can take a break from coffee."

"Fine, please give me a few minutes to make myself presentable," I answered, giving in to the sound of delicious bitter coffee in the morning.

"Aha! So you were awake!" Latte exclaimed as Parfait said, "Don't forget to wake Madeleine!!"

"Yes I was, and Parfait, I won't," I answered, "Oh, and Latte if you cut straight to the point I may have responded to your loud voices earlier."

"Hmmph! Unbelievable!" Latte huffed and I heard the female group and teens giggle.

I lifted Madeleine's arm over my body and sat up. I looked down at his face preparing to wake him but then stopped. One look at Madeleine's calm face made me stop myself from shaking him up as violently as I could.

I decided to change first, wash up, brush my hair, fold the bedsheets and straiten the covers to help the cleaners, before finally gently shaking Madeleine's shoulder. He simply gave a grunt and I sighed. 

Madeleine received at least 5hrs of sleep, even on the busiest days of the kingdom when he had a bunch of tasks. He fell asleep around four in the morning, and it was currently eight. I shook his shoulder slightly harder this time and he mumbled something like: 'No-o-ooo, you're so mean.'

The temptation of setting a tiny fire onto the ends of his blonde hair snuck into my mind but I shook it away. Madeleine did have a nightmare which practically never happen, and either way, my plan wasn't the best idea. If I do recall, the last time I did that the fire accidentally spread to one of Madeleine's pillows causing it to end up half burnt.

I trudged through the living room/kitchen and flung open the door to the corridor, just in time to see Latte making a face. Pomegranate was clutching her mirror to cast a spell as Red Velvet tried calming her down. Chiffon barked at my presence and jumped at me. I lightly patted him before standing up straight and crossing my arms at Latte.

"Oh, h-hi 'Spresso!" Latte giggled nervously, noticing my unamused face, "Took you a while, hm?"

"Real mature, Latte," I said monotone.

"Well, you took so long we were debating on if we should abandon you lovebirds," Raspberry said in annoyance.

"Where's Madeleine?" Dark Choco questioned.

"Sleeping," I informed, "He seemed peaceful."

"You're not going to wake him up because of that?" Cream Puff asked surprised.