Chapter 10

Espresso's Pov

Blackberry Cream Madeleine awaited us in the parking lot, her arms waving and a big grin on her face. I must say, although she wasn't related to Madeleine by blood, she had some habits similar to him. 

"She's pretty," Chocolate Mocha stated.

"Seems the type to be chill and play sports," Raspberry added.

Blackberry ushered us quickly through the dark opera theatre, forcing cookies to make way for us. We opened the VIP door and climbed the stairs to the theatre's balcony, which overlooked everything and gave a great view of the stage.

"Woah," Cream Puff breathed in awe, taking a seat in one of the plush velvet chairs, "Vip sure feels great."

"Indeed," I said, not really paying much attention to the other's chatter.

I kept sneaking side glances at Blackberry, continuously thinking of how to ask her to talk privately. Before I knew it, all the others have already taken a seat and I was left standing. I swore in my head and took a seat in the only chair left available. And that chair just had to be farthest away from the person I wanted to talk to. Well, excluding Chiffon's little stool.

I sat down grudgingly and Madeleine smiled at me. At least he's beside me, I thought. I looked to my left and saw Chiffon wagging his tail. Him too.

"Oh! I haven't properly introduced myself yet!" Blackberry suddenly exclaimed, "And I dunno who y'all are either, except for 'Spresso and Mad's over here. Well, I vaguely remember Latte."

"I'm Blackberry Cream Madeleine, feel free to just call me Blackberry or Black," She continued, "Madeleine and Clotted's cousin!"

The others greeted her warmly, well not so much for Pomegranate and Dark Choco but that was just their personalities, and they introduced themselves. There wasn't a chance for me to ask for privacy when all the attention was on her.

I glanced at my watch, "Quiet it down, the play is about to begin."

"Way to ruin the mood," Latte grumbled but quieted down with everyone else.

"Oh, one question, what is this about?" Red Velvet questioned.

"Romeo and Juliet, but modernized," Blackberry answered, her eyes sparkling in the darkness.

Romeo and Juliet... I've always wished to see the original. Although, modernized doesn't seem too bad. 

"Hopefully it's modernized enough, we had to watch it for literature," Chocolate Mocha groaned.

"Romeo and Juliet, not a bad choice," Pomegranate said stiffly, "Though I may have preferred Hamlet, or a Mid Summer's Night Dream as well."

"Wow, didn't know you had a funny streak," Dark Choco remarked sarcastically. 

"Shh! The play's about to start!" Parfait hushed.

"I remember playing as Romeo in high school," Raspberry commented to no one in particular.

"Really?!" Half the group, including Madeleine, exclaimed.

"Please, pipe it down," I snapped, "The play is about to begin in-"

As if on cue, the sound of dramatic music filled the air and the curtains drew open to reveal two performers in servent outfits, ready to get into a fight.

Thankfully, the play wasn't disturbed by any chitter-chattering or noise except for the scene where the couple texted each other with dramatic emojis instead of sending letters. I must admit, it was indeed funny, and perhaps I did chuckle slightly.