Chapter 31

Tanjiro's POV:

It was the last class of the day and I was getting pretty tired of listening to Nezuko's sassy remarks about me and Zenitsu.

And Inosuke was getting irritated, too. He would huff and puff everytime she made a comment.

I have to find a spot to talk to Zenitsu without those two watching, but that's getting really difficult since it seemed that they were following us around.

Now seemed like the perfect time to at least tell Zenitsu we have to talk, since Inosuke had fallen alseep on his work and Nezuko was answering the teacher's question.

I quickly wrote Zenitsu a note on a tiny slip of paper, I set it on his table and he glanced at it curiously.

He discreetly looked at it then made his own note to give to me.

It said:

'Where?'

I thought for a second then wrote 'bathroom ten minutes after class'

He read it then smiled and nodded.

Okay, easy part done. Now we need a way to get rid of Nezuko and Inosuke...

Once the teacher finally dismissed us and we all left the class I had come up with two brilliant excuses!

"Hey, Nezuko! Could you return this book to the library real quick? I would, but I have a question for the teacher." It wasn't entirely a lie because I do have a library book, but I still felt kind of bad.

"Sure, brother." I gave her the book and she left.

"Do you two want to go to the mall or something?" Inosuke asked. "I was gonna go anyways to ."

"Oh, uh sorry, but I can't!" Zenitsu said helplessly.

"What're you doing?"

"Gramps needs me to... uh... help with dinner!"

"At three? Wow, you are weird." Inosuke grunted.

"No I'm not!" Zenitsu exclaimed. "Yeah, so, I have to go now!"

Zenitsu sped off in the direction of the bathrooms, I was about to follow when Inosuke said, "So you wanna go, Monjiro?"

"Sorry! But I have to ask the teacher something! Remember?" I said nervously.

"You can just ask really quick, then. It won't take all day."

"I know! Just-uh, my... I have to pick my siblings up and everything..."

"Are you two avoiding me?" Inosuke asked suspiciously.

"What?! No! Of course not! What made you think that?" I think we might have underestimated Inosuke...

"You two just lied to me!" Inosuke shouted. "And Monichi didn't even go in the direction of the exit!"

"Maybe he's taking the long way? And we aren't lying to you! We just have things to do!"

Inosuke growled, "Whatever, fine! I don't even care anyways."