Chapter 58

Nezuko's POV:

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"Euugh.." I sat up and rubbed my eyes annoyedly, what is that noise...?

I looked towards the window to see the sky starting to get brighter, it must be rising right now.

I usually wake up early, but not this early.

My eyes started to get heavy, so I laid back down on my pillow, I'll just go back to sleep for a little lon-

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Where is that coming from?!

I yawned and tried to shake my drowsiness off, I won't be able to sleep with this annoying sound keeping me up.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I jerked my head to the left, towards the owner of the noises, to see my big brother sitting up in his bed with a dim light emitting from his phone onto his face.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

There was a smile plastered across his face as he continued tapping away, completely oblivious to the fact that I was awake.

I let out a knowing sigh and spoke quietly, "What's so important that it couldn't wait till morning?"

He jumped at the sound of my voice and looked like a deer in headlights as he tried to come up with some excuse.

I laughed a little as I stepped into my slippers and walked over Tanjiro's bed, sitting on the edge next to him.

"Are you talking to Zenitsu or Inosuke?" I asked him curiously.

A slight blush covered his cheeks as soon as I asked the question, "Uh- well..."

I peered over his shoulder to see 'Zenitsu 💛' at the top of the phone screen. "Knew it!"

He rubbed the back of his neck and said in a joking tone, "I guess I'm no good at hiding it, am I?"

"Nope." I chuckled, trying to be quiet so I didn't wake up Takeo, "What are you guys talking about?"

"Lunch from earlier."

"...You mean from yesterday?" I stopped for a second then realized, "Tanjiro! Have you two been talking all night??"

He slapped his hand onto his forehead and groaned, "I- uh- maybe...?"

I shook my head in disapproval as I swiped the phone from his hands, "You have one hour to sleep before we need to get ready for school! So sleep!"

I got up, placing it on the nightstand and grabbing my own phone.

"I never said bye to Zenitsu.." he frowned up at me as he tuck himself into bed.

"I will for you," I promised, which made his frown disappear. "now sleep brother."

He must've been really tired because as soon as his head hit the pillow he passed out.

His phone was getting a few pings and I guessed that was Zenitsu, wondering where Tanjiro went.

I opened up my text messages with him as quick as I could so he'd calm down.

5:04 a.m.

Nezuko 🌸 :

Hey, Zenitsu

My big brother is going to sleep,
sorry to cut your chat short

But, you should really sleep, too.