Chapter 33

Tanjiro's POV:

I messed up badly, from the moment I told Nezuko that lie I knew things were going to be ruined.

Then I made a desicion. From this point forward, I will NEVER LIE AGAIN!!!!

(Unless, of course, a life is at stake)

(Or if there is a surprise party)

But, other than that, no lies that will affect someone negatively!

Because of what I did Zenitsu didn't even look in my direction for any of our remaining classes.

Nezuko must've been able to see the distance between us because she kept asking 'are you okay, brother?'

But, one time I thought she said 'are you gay, brother?' And that really caught me off guard, and I promised never to lie, so I said 'yes, I am.' Luckily that's a answer for the other question, so it wasn't weird.

Now it was the end of the day and Zenitsu still hasn't said a word to me. I can't believe that's what I was doing to him, I feel awful!

Nezuko snapped me out of my thoughts and said "Brother? Are you there?"

"Oh, yes, hello!" I responded quickly.

"You've been standing there for a few minutes." She looked at me, concerned. "Did Zenitsu getting a girlfriend mess you up that bad?"

I can't lie, I can't lie, I can't lie.

Then tears started rolling down my face and Nezuko yelped, "Oh no, brother, I'm sorry! I shouldn't have said anything." She gave me a hug and I just cried on her shoulder.

"Z-Zenitsu doesn't have a girlfriend.."

"What?" She sounded confused, but continued to hug me. "Then why are you crying?"

"Because I-I lied to you..."

"Brother, it's okay. That's a really strange lie though, why did you tell me that?"

"Well... it's.. it's because Zenitsu and I.. are dating."

"I know, or at least, I thought you were until you lied." She smiled. "Thanks for telling me the truth."

"Wait you really knew??? But we only just started dating that day!!"

"Oh.. I thought you guys have been dating for at least a week before that."

I just stood there with my mouth ajar. I can't believe she knew, is it that obvious?

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone."

"Thank you, Nezuko." My tears finally stopped and I took a deep breath. "I'm gonna walk home, so you can go with mother."

"Okay, see you at home!" She walked over to where our mother usually picks us up to wait for her.

And I started walking, not to my house, but to Zenitsu's house.

There's something I need to tell him.

Inosuke's POV:

Monichi has been really weird all day. In the morning he was super happy then during the day he turned all sad and that made me feel bad, too.

I decided that I wanted to make Monichi happy! Forever!

With that in mind I have to come up with a brilliant plan to make it happen!

I made a list of things Monichi does and doesn't like in my mind.

Monichi likes Gramps, movies, pretzels and yellow.