Chapter 48

Zenitsu's POV:

Me and Gramps just got back from getting our groceries and he let me go while he put everything away.

I went up to my room and sat on my bed.

As much as I don't like school, I wish I was there right now cause I get to be with Tanjiro all day.

On the way home we had driven by a sign for the local amusement park saying something about a sale on tickets.

I took out my phone and started to text Tanjiro. Since he only just moved here he probably hasn't been there yet, so I'm sure he'd like to go with me!

His response caught me off guard.

'Could I bring Inosuke?'

I felt a twinge of jealously, but replied with 'Okay.' I mean, it's fine of course, I'd like to hang out with Inosuke, too.

There's just two things:

One, I was planning on this being a date...

And two, does he mean he's going to go get Inosuke? Or that they're already together...?

I'm not trying to be clingy or anything, but that's kinda just the way I am and I can't help it!

As I sat waiting outside the amusement park entrance my suspicions were confirmed.

Tanjiro and Inosuke showed up togther, and not only that but Inosuke was wearing Tanjiro's jacket!

But I didn't really care about that when Tanjiro ran up to me and gave me a hug.

I nearly stuck my tongue out at Inosuke before remembering that the person he has a crush on is me, not Tanjiro.

We broke off our embrace and I noticed that Inosuke was staring at us awkwardly.

"This place looks really fun, Zenitsu, Great choice!" Tanj smiled at me brightly and then turned back to Inosuke and motioned for him to come over. "Let's go!"

He grinned and we all started walking towards the enterence. When we got to the gate Inosuke had jumped over it and started running in.

"Inosuke, wait!" Me and Tanjiro both shouted for him as two security guards swooped in and dragged him back to the us.

"Does this... pig... belong to you?" One of the guards asked in a serious tone.

"Yes-!" Tanjiro yelped and looked at me nervously, then quickly changed his reply. "Well, no. But, yes he's with us."

"Do you all have tickets?"

"We were just about to buy some!"

The guards were obviously very reluctant about letting in Inosuke, so I decided to save the day by saying,

"Sorry about our friend, he's... mentally challenged."

Inosuke looked at me angrily and got in my face, "What's mentally challenged?"

"Exactly."

"Guys, I think that's enough. Let's just buy our tickets." Tanjiro interjected nervously.

"Okay, come on Inosuke." I grabbed him by the scruff of his jacket and dragged him over to the ticket booth.

"Three tickets please!"