Chapter 52

Tanjiro's POV:

After the ride came to a halt, with our cabin back at the bottom, I let Inosuke get out first and I scooped Zenitsu up into my arms.

I got out and walked alongside Inosuke, it wasn't too far to the exit of the park, but it was still getting dark, so I didn't know whether to call someone or just walk home ourselves.

"I can hold him." Inosuke looked at me then back infront of us. "If your scrawny arms are tired."

I readjusted Zenitsu slowly then replied, "My arms aren't that scrawny! I can hold him perfectly fine, see?"

He laughed at me, "If that's what you call perfect-"

I frowned at him, then realized we had made it to the gate a lot faster than I thought.

"Do you have a ride home?" I asked him as we walked out of the amusement park.

"Nope!" He started walking away and I went as quick as I could after him with Zenitsu in my arms.

"Where are you going?"

"Home..? Like you said." He stopped and had a confused expression on his face.

"Can we walk home together, then?"

"What? Why? We don't live together." Inosuke said matter-afactly.

"I know! But- I don't want to be alone at night." I said nervously.

"Monichi's with you." He said as he pointed at him.

"He's asleep and I'd feel bad waking him."

He squinted at me skeptically. "Okay, but only since you OBVIOUSLY can't be without me."

I laughed a little, "I can call Zenitsu's grandfather, I'm sure he'd pick us all up, if you'd be comfortable with that, of course."

"If it'll make you stop being a baby like Monichi, then sure." He said with a shrug.

"This'll only take a second, but let's go sit down." We made our way to a bench that was right by the enternce of the park.

After we sat down I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed the number into it.

It rang a few times, then he picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Mr. Agatsuma! It's me, Tanjiro Kamado, Zenitsu's friend."

"Oh!!! Where is he? I was just in the middle of reorganizing my socks."

I paused awkwardly, "That's... nice. I'm sorry if I'm disturbing.. that, but are you able to come pick us up?"

"Oh no, no, no, no. I can't, sorry boy-o, but this is far too important."

"I understand, I'll get Zenitsu home soon then, thank you for your time."

Zenitsu's grandfather hung up as soon as I finished my sentence, and I let out a sigh.

"When is he coming??" Inosuke questioned me. "He always has candy so I was gonna steal some."

"Stealing is wrong- and he isn't coming anyway, he's busy doing something." I explained to him.

"But doesn't Monichi belong to him? Why doesn't he want him?"

"That's not how I would say it.. but technically, yes. And we just have to bring him home, that's all."

"Can't you just call that lady you live with?"