Chapter 55

Tanjiro's POV:

Inosuke has been really weird today, first thing in the morning he asked me and Zenitsu a very... interesting question to say the least.

And at lunch he didn't come and sit with us, infact I saw him leaving with Tengen as soon as we walked into the cafeteria.

Ever since then he's been glaring at us during classes, but he isn't saying anything. We've even made eye contact a few times when I would glance at him, but he's just staring very intensely.

Zenitsu sighed exasperatedly, "Is this because of his... request earlier?" He turned a little pink,"I really don't want to go through this again, for once I'd like to go a week without Inosuke running away."

"I'll ask him what's up." I offered.

"He'll probably just ask if you want to date him, again."

I laughed awkwardly and said, "Uh... yeah, but I'll ask him anyway."

"Have fun then, I guess."

I waved to him and walked over to Inosuke, who was hiding behind a bush, he squated there quietly while staring me dead in the eyes.

As I'm starting to wonder if he thinks that I can't see him, he jumped up enthusiastically.

"Is something wrong, Inosuke?" I asked him.

He suddenly clapped his hands on my cheeks and brought my face close to his.

"You're eyes are red." Then he let go of me and started running.

I stood there in shock and confusion as I watched him bolt away, except he wasn't really leaving the area.

He was going in a zig-zag pattern around the school parking lot, probably trying to make me lose sight of him, but it's hard not to notice a person wearing a boar mask, especially when there aren't many other people around.

Inosuke leaped underneath a car that was nearby and peaked his head out slightly, but instead of me, he was looking at Zenitsu.

I awkwardly shuffled back to Zenitsu, who had noticed Inosuke and was currently in a staring contest.

"What'd he say to you?" Zenitsu asked, turning away from the boar hiding under the car.

"That... that my eyes are red." I rubbed the back of my head in embarrassment.

"Somehow, I believe that..." He muttered, looking very unamused.

Then, suddenly, there was a thud and we both turned around.

"INOSUKE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Tengen shouted, waving his hands around in a panic.

Inosuke made a loud hushing noise and stage whispered, "QUIET!!! I'M DOING WHAT YOU TOLD ME TO DO!"

Tengen facepalmed, "I didn't mean this-!"

Inosuke scuttled out from under the car, "You didn't give me any other explanation! So I did as I saw fit-!"

"I meant like ask them questions- NOT SPYING ON THEM FROM UNDER THINGS!!" Tengen shouted as he started hitting Inosuke's head.