Chapter 6: Date Night

We arrive at the hospital and give statements, and then we find out that Casey will only be in the emergency room for a few hours so Bowdan tells us to come back to the fire house.
When we reach the house I see Mills checking supplies in the ambulance, and he calls over to me, "Um, hey, so I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out sometime, maybe go grab a beer after shift or something?"
"I can't tonight I'm already going out. Maybe some other time, but soon ok."
He nods and mutters yeah.
---
A few hours later
---
I stand up as Casey walks into the room, and so does everyone else.
"Guys, I was just gone for a few hours. It's no big deal." Casey tells us.
I walk over to him and am about to shake his hand when he pulls me into a hug and whispers in my ear, "Are we still on for tonight?"
I nod a smile at him.
The rest of the shift goes by quickly with only one ambulance call and I'm a candidate so I didn't have another call for the rest of shift.
When I get home I don't want to cook so I eat a TV dinner. Later Casey knocks on my door and I grab my jacket and walk out the door with him.
We get to the bar and sit down. The bar tender comes over and I get a Budlight and Casey gets whiskey...