Chapter 15: Mariana Dawson

Peter Mills POV
---
I watch as Casey walks up to Gabby and kisses her on the cheek. When she had gotten out of the hospital. I had found out that when she had woken up and talked to Casey she had broken up with him. I had asked her out and she said yes. We went out and drank for two hours.
When we were about to leave Gabby had only drank two Bud Lights. I had taken her back to her house and she had asked me to stay, but when I had she had cried in my arms almost all night.
Now she was back together with Casey, and even though she was happier now I still couldn't forgive Casey for what he did to her.
I'm pulled out of my thoughts when the bell goes off, "Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, and Battalion 25. Structure fire at 46928 Quincy St."
I get up out of my chair and head for the ambulance. I get in as Shay starts up the engine.
As we are driving to the fire she asks, "What's wrong, Mills? You look like you've been punched in the gut."
"It's just that I can't beleive Gabby went back to Casey. Did she tell you that the night after she got out of the hospital we went out on a date? She drank two beers in two hours, and then when I dropped her off she asked me to stay, so I did. She cried for four hours in my arms, Shay. How could she go back to him? He hurt her more than she lets on, but she still went back to him." I tell her.
"I know what you mean. I came over a week after she got out of the hospital and had to literally peel her drunken ass off the floor. She had drank an entire bottle of wine and was crying on the floor when I had gotten there. I stayed with her until she was sober again and then I stayed another day, and you're right. He did hurt her more than she lets on, but she loves him. She's happier now than before." She replies as we pull up to the fire.
I nod as we jump out and grab our bags.
"Dawson, Cruez, your with me. Odis, Mouch, with Herman." Casey calls out.
"Capp, Clark, with me lets go." Severide calls out.

Gabriela Dawson's POV
---
I pull on my mask and helmet then head in the building behind Casey. I go to the first room I see and check it, "Chicago Fire Department. Is anyone in here call out."
With no reply I move to the next room. I repeat this multiple times then we clear the floor. I head for the stairs as a beam falls down to the ground. Casey pushes me out of the way as the beam starts to fall down.
"You alright?" Casey asks. I nod then he calls out, "Clear, next floor."
We make our way up to the next floor. Cruez reaches the second floor first and starts checking rooms. We quickly clear this floor too and head back down. We climb over the ruble left by the falling beam and go out. As soon as we get out Herman, Odis, and Mouch start pumping water. We put the fire out and head back to the fire house.
When we get into the truck Casey's phone rings and he looks at. He groans and hands it to me. I look down and see that it's Hally. I answer her and say, "Hi Hally, this is Gabreila Dawson. I'm Matt's girlfriend, and I would like to know when we could talk in person. I know that you and Matt used to date, but if you don't want to meet me in person and you don't want to let the whole truck crew hear what I'm about to tell you. Name a time and place."
"Uh...uh...um. Nine tomorrow morning at the new CFD café." She says nervously.
I smile and say, "Good idea, Hally. I know I'll be there, and if you aren't there I will get my brother involved in this. Got it?"
"Yeah, I'll be there." She replies.
I hang up and hand Casey's phone back to him. Everyone's quiet until we get back to the House. We all get out of the truck. As Herman bursts out laughing.
"If I ever have someone messing with me. I'm going to Dawson. Also, remind me never to mess with someone she cares enough to do that for. I don't think I want to be on this kids bad side." Herman says.
At that we all start to crack up. When we walk into the commons I smell food. I see a woman in the kitchen cooking.
"Excuse me, miss. Who are you, and what are you doing in our kitchen?" I ask.
"Dawson, she's cooking dinner for us. Don't question her." Cruz says.
I give him a look as the woman tells me, "I'm Mariana Dawson. I'm looking for Gabriela Dawson. Do you know where I could happen to find her?"
"Why are you looking for her?" I ask her, stunned.
She replies, "She's my sister. I found out that my dad had another family here in Chicago, and I was able to track down Gabriela here. I found out that she works here at Fire House 51. Is she here today? I'd like to find her pretty quickly..."