Chapter 73: No. (Book Finalé)

Gabriela Dawson's POV
---
At the OBGYN
---

"Here are Baby Casey's first pictures." Kendra says handing us the pictures of six week old Baby Casey.
We look at the pictures as we walk out of the doctors office and get in the truck.
"You know, we could announce I'm pregnant by putting these on the fridge and letting people try to figure out how Shay got six week old baby pictures when she is four months pregnant." I say as we drive off.
"I thought you didn't want to tell anybody?" Matt asks.
"Well, at first I didn't, but it's kind of hard to hide when I have morning sickness. Besides, Chief has got to know." I say.
"You're right about that. I guess we can go in early tomorrow and talk to Chief and put the picture on the fridge." Matt says taking my hand and kissing it.
We pull up to the house and get out...

---
Next morning at the house
---

Matt and I walk in to Boden's office and I sit down.
"What can I do for you?" He asks.
"Well, we have something to show you." I say.
I pull the pictures out of my jacket pocket, and hand them to him.
"Good god, why can't my lieutenants keep it in their pants." Boden says with a smile on his face as he looks at the ultra sound pictures.
"How far along are you?" He asks grinning at us.
"Six weeks." I say.
"Well, since you two are telling I'm telling... I've been dating a woman for a few months now, and I proposed. She's six weeks also." He says pulling a framed picture out of his desk drawer and handing it to Matt and I. It's a picture of a woman and Boden, and they are holding an ultra sound picture.
"Congrats, Chief. Alright so we are going to announce it by putting these on the fridge and letting them figure it out." Matt says as Boden hands him our ultra sound pictures.
He laughs and says, "Might take them a whole shift, but I think that's a great idea."
We laugh and then walk out to the commons. We quickly tape the pictures to the fridge and run to the locker room as we hear someone walking in to the apparatus bay. We reach our lockers which are side by side just as Herman walks in.
"Six weeks in guessing." He says next to me.
"Yep, and let everyone figure it out, Herman." I say elbowing him.
He nods as Cruz and Otis walk in. I finish changing out, and walk out to the apparatus bay as Kelly walks out.
"So new pictures on the fridge. You seen 'em?" He asks with a smirk as we sit down.
"Nope." I say then wink.
"Uh-huh." He says.
Just then a pregnant Leslie Elizabeth Shay Severide walks in.
"What the hell are you doing here, babe?" I ask as I pull her up a chair.
"Courtney was missing daddy, and so was I. I figured we come by to see him." She says taking Kelly's hand.
"You two are going to have to let me work you know." Severide says leaning over and kissing Shay.
"I know, but I didn't get to say goodbye this morning since someone didn't wake me up this morning." Shay says poking Kelly in the ribs.
"I figured you would want the sleep." He says.
"I did, but still."
"Alright, stop with the PDA." Capp says coming out scratching his head.
"Hey, how did you guys get six week old baby pictures?" Capp asks sitting down.
"We didn't." Shay says.
"Then whose baby pictures are in there on the fridge?" Capp asks.
We all shrug our shoulders just then over the intercom Cruz says, "Dawson, get your little butt in here and do some explaining."
"I'm going to listen to this." Capp says.
The four of us all walk inside to see Matt taking the pictures off the fridge smiling.
"So, he couldn't keep it in his pants." Mouth says looking at me.
"I am six weeks pregnant, yes." I say walking over to Matt.
"Great, we're down a member on Squad." James says.
I glare at them and say, "No you aren't. I can still do my job. Guys I found out that I was pregnant the day we rescued Shay last shift. I went in to a building that the fire imploded. I got my guys out, so stop acting like I can't handle the job. I don't have to take maternity for another month, and I am going to work my ass off until then."