Chapter 21: Stay

Gabriela Dawson's POV
---

When we get back to the fire house Casey meets me at the bay doors.
"How is he?" Casey asks.
I reply, "He's doing good. Um... Can you excuse me Casey? I've got to go do smithing real quick."
He gives me a confused look then says, "I'll come with you."
"Sorry, Casey, but it's personal." I tell him.
He replies, "Gabby, I'm your fiancé. You know you can tell me anything, right?"
I nod walk towards the lockers. When I get there I grab my duty aspirin and get two out. When I hear someone coming I put the medicine in my pocket and walk towards the bathroom. I check all the stalls and showers then walk to the sinks. I put the pills in my mouth and get a handful of water. I swallow and look in the mirror.
I decide that I can't let the chief be the one to announce that I am leaving.
So I walk to the Chiefs office and say, "Chief, I wanted to know if I could see that packet that I gave you this morning. Also can I see everyone in the briefing room?"
The chief nods as he hands me the packet. I walk out and then a few minutes later the chief makes an announcement to gather in the briefing room.
When everyone gets in the Chief gives me the floor.
"Ok, everyone I have an announcement to make, and I don't think that you all are going to like it.
This is my last shift here at 51's. I'm transferring to 89's. I really love this house and everyone here, but two things are going to stop me. First, married couples can not work together. Second, staying at this house has been the best time of my life, but I feel like I'm putting you all in danger. For example my 'dad' was going to beat Casey to a pulp, and then I feel like lately the only thing I've been able to do is hurt all of you. I know that's not what I've been doing, but that's what it feels like. Don't ask me to stay. I won't change my mind.
I have a few things for the truck and ambulance crew.
Casey, Herman, Mouch, Cruz, Otis, Mills, Shay, Chief Boden, Severide, here these are the pictures from my Wall of Fame board. I wanted you to have them." I say.
All I hear is silence until Herman stands up and shouts, "To hell with hurting us, Dawson! Stay! You are blowing this up way bigger than it actually is. Stay, we are your family, and we love you."
"Stay, Dawson." Cruz says.
"Stay. Aren't you going to say something Casey?" Mouch says.
He looks at me and says, "I tried, Mouch. She wouldn't listen."
I'm about to leave when Shay stands up.

---
Leslie Shay's POV
---

I stand up and say, "Two things, Gabby please stay. The second is that I'm straight, now."
I sit back down and Otis says, "Wow. When did this happen and who did it?"
I look around the room and when I look at Severide he gives a slight nod. I clear my throught and say, "The night after last shift, and Severide. We're dating now."
"Well then, as long as we are making announcements. Our bar now has a name, Molly's. It will be up and running in less than a month." Herman says with a wowed slash shocked look.
Then the bells go off for ambulance. "Ambulance 61, a man with a broken leg at 81342 Jacobson Street."
Mills and I head out to the ambulance and go...