Chapter 51: Mills In A Wedding Dress and Kelly Severide

After about an hour Gabby walks in to my office and sits down on my bed as I put up the paperwork I'd been working on.
"So, let's get started on the wedding plans. We have a lot to do." Gabby says handing me a folder of what we had so far, which was pretty much the guest list, venue which was here, and a caters phone number.
"We have to get a new tuxedo for me and you need a new dress, since both were soaked in blood." I say as gabby pulls her laptop out.
"Yeah, this is going to take awhile. Looks like Squad is going to be helping after all..." gabby says pulling out the invitation list.
"Squad?" I ask confused.
Gabby smirks as she says, "Oh yeah. I talked to Shay and she talked to Severide, and so now my Lieutenant is being forced by his girlfriend to help write out invitations, and have the rest of Squad help. Come on, Shay is going to help to if we hurry."
Gabby pulls me to my feet and we walk out to the Squad table in the engine bay.
"Oh come on. I guess we have to do invitations now. Come on, guys." Severide says as Shay takes the invitations from me, and hands them to the rest of Squad as Casey sits down.
"Okay, guys, work on the invitations Gabby and I need to go look up wedding dress shops. Come on, Gabs, let's go sit on the ambo. Mills should be watching the hockey game with Herman, Cruz, Otis, and Mouch." Shay says before dragging Gabby away to the ambo rig.
"Casey, I think we got played." Severide says watching the girls go.
"Severide, I know we got played." I tell him as I start righting out invitations...

---
Leslie Shay's POV
---
30 minutes later
---

"Oh, look at this one. They are really popular it looks like, and these dresses are amazing!" I say with a squeal as I show Gabby my laptop screen.
"Ooo, oh wait. Shay, look they are literally only open every day we are on shift." Gabby says pointing at their hours list.
"Damn. I don't think we could make that unless we took a personal day, and then to get Jordan- wait. Sorry, Gabby." I mentally kick myself in the ass when I say Jordan's name.
"It's fine, Shay. Matt and I have been talking about Jordan with the Chaplain, and it's getting better. Her funeral is in a couple of days anyways, I'm going to have to face it sooner or later." Gabby tells me as she looks up a boutique's phone number.
"Hello, yes I am shopping for a wedding dress, and wanted to know if I could get an appointment set up?" Gabby asks in to her phone.
The person says something and then Gabby tells her, "Well, I'm a firefighter and I'm at work today. I get off at eight tomorrow morning."
The person tells her something else and Gabriela frowns. She clears her throat and says, "Well, I'm sorry that you are so booked up. Can you hold for a minute? I can go see if I can get over there real quick. We would be coming in a fire truck."
The voice on the phone gives a short reply and Gabby says, "Yeah, thanks. I'll be right back."
Gabby sets her stuff down, and pulls me behind her. We go to the Chiefs office and she knocks on the door. He waves us in and we walk in.
"What can I do for you, girls?" He asks.
I shrug my shoulders and Gabby says, "Chief, I know that this is your time, and you don't have to let us go. But I have a wedding dress boutique on hold. They have one opening in the next six months, and that is today. I was hoping Shay and I could go check it out?"
"As long as Severide is fine with it, I'm good with you going. Take your companies with you, and keep your radios on." Boden tells us.
"Thank you so much, Chief." Gabby says as she hugs him.
He laughs and says, "You two get outta here before I change my mind."
We laugh and walk out. Gabby drags me out to the engine bay to the Squad table where Squad and Casey are working on invitations.
"Lieutenant." Gabby says making both Severide and Casey's heads pop up from what they were doing and both of them asking, "What?"
"Lieutenant Seberide. I wanted to know if we could take a ride?" Gabby says as she glances at me.
That's my que.
"We found a wedding dress boutique, and Gabby and I were able to get an appointment today. It is the only one open in the next six months. Come on, Kelly... we can go back to your office after we get back." I whisper the last part to him as I wrap my arms around his neck.
"Sounds like a deal." Severide says as he stands up.
"I'll go get Mills. Then, I'll be right back." I say jogging inside.
"Come on, Mills. We are going wedding dress shopping." I say as he sets his coffee on me.
He stands up and says, "Uh Shay, I don't think I would look too good in a wedding dress."
I roll my eyes and say, "Get your ass out here. Squad is waiting on us. Truck is going to have the house to themselves for about an hour and a half."
I pull Mills out the door and to our rig as Squad pulls off. We pull off and follow close behind the Squad truck. When we reach the boutique Everyone gets out and we all walk in in our bunker gear. The girl at the desk looks at us like she is hallucinating, and does a double-take.
Gabby and I walk up to her and Gabby says, "Hi, um I called earlier. I wanted to see about getting a wedding dress."
"Yes yes. Uh... who are they and is the one in front single?" The woman asks pointing to Severide.
"No, he's my boyfriend. That is Squad 3 and the one that is not in the heavy gear is my partner on ambulance." I say.
"Oh, well a couple of them can come back. My name is Jasmine." Jasmine says.
"Mills, Kelly, come on." I say. They follow us back to a spot where the woman has books of gowns spread out on a table.
"You sure you two want us back here? Isn't it bad luck?" Mills asks looking around.
"If the groom sees her dress not any other man." Jasmine tells them as Gabby sifts through photos of wedding dresses.
She stops on one and says, "Look at this one, Shay. Severide, Mills, you too."
I look down at the picture and it's a slim fitted floor length dress with a low back and fitted long sleeves.
"That looks amazing." I say running my finger along the picture.
"Ah, let's go get that one to try on, shall we?" Jasmine asks.
"Yeah, let's. Guys, wait here." Gabby says as she pulls off her gear and walks behind Jasmine without shoes on.
"Damn, I wish I was Casey." Mills mumbles.
"You waited a little bit too long." I say sitting down, and looking through the wedding dress books as Kelly paces in front of the table.
"Kelly, babe, sit down. You're making me nerves." I say.
After a few minutes Gabby comes back in the wedding dress.
"Oh my god, Gabby! That is beautiful! I think it's better than the dress from last time." I say standing up and walking over to Gabby.
"Last time?" Jasmine asks.
"Uh... yeah. The dress I had before this one was ruined. My fiancé's crazy ex nearly killed me. The dress was covered in blood." Gabriela explains.
"Nearly? She did Gabby." Mills says looking at Severide who was still pacing.
"Tisk tisk. That's all in the past. Now my girl is having her wedding and it's going to go off without a hitch." I say as Gabby and Jasmine go back to change.
"Yeah, yeah, Shay. You realize this dress is twenty-five hundred right?" Mills says holding up the dress design as Kelly continues pacing.
"Yes, and you realize Casey and I talked money before we left. I have the money with me." I say as I walk over to Kelly who was still pacing and mumbling under his breath.
I catch his hands in mine and say, "Stop pacing."
I look up in to his eyes and give him a stop-pacing-or-you-are going-to get-in-trouble look. He nods as Gabby comes back and pulls on her gear.
I hand the woman twenty-six hundred dollars and she gives me the change and receipt as Gabby takes the dress from her.
We walk out to the lobby where the rest of Squad is waiting on us. We load up in the rigs and go back to the house where Gabby puts her dress in Severide's car...