Chapter 54

NO ONE'S POV 
"This is sad, you're so friendly, why didn't anyone notice?" Nicholas sighed, he raised his head "If I was in your high school I'd be your friend and beat anyone who bullies you to a pulp. Things are gonna get ugly for sure, and by that, I mean their faces." 

Erica laughed hard and slapped his shoulder"Nicholas, you're funny" he smiled at her reaction. His eyes darted to her hair decoration and wondered why she stuffs flowers in her hair, she noticed his intense stare.

"My aesthetics" Erica giggled and puffed her hair. "I like it, it's beautiful" Nicholas smiled and she smiled back at him. "Oh! I need to get going" he stood immediately, Erica's smile vanished, her eyes had a tint of loneliness and sadness "I understand," she said in a low tone.

Nicholas noticed her change in mood "next time we'd talk about books and songwriting, I have good recommendations" he smiled warmly. "Yay! I can't wait" Erica squealed and hopped around like a grasshopper "I'll recommend some books too!" she waved at him with a grin and he waved back.

FIONA's POV 
I managed to go home after I got tired of feeling sorry for myself. Griffin wanted to escort me but I insisted on going alone—I need to clear my head. 

I locked my silver hair and in the last drawer of my dressing table, cleaned my room and did the laundry until there was no atom of his scent—I had to erase him. I'll be strong for Louis. 

I ate and took a quick shower before diving into my pillow, my phone buzzed as a message popped up 'hey' 

I gazed at the screen teary-eyed, I'm making a lot of effort but he's making this harder. I switched off my phone then tossed it by the corner. 

"In just three weeks, everything will all be over. Hang in there Louis" I whispered and locked my phone in the drawer. I'm on a three-week lockdown, everything will be fine if we don't meet.

...

LOUIS' POV 
"So, how was your date?" I handed Mint the sliced orange as he walked in, I waited for him to yell but I just heard a 'fine'  

I studied his face and there was no hint of sarcasm "wanna talk about it?" I said giving Mint the last one, "only if you want me to" he answered shortly and I nodded. 

He described Erica as a loud super talented book lover and writer. I've never seen him talk about someone that way—his face held so many emotions.

"When is your next date?" I rubbed Mint's belly, "I don't know, she'll tell me," he said with a shrug. Nicholas darted with a side eye "this is a friendly meeting, not a date" Nicholas rolled his eyes.

"I'm hitting the gym, you're coming?" he tilted his head from the glass door, "sure, why not?" I shrugged. We spent hours in the hotel's gym before getting ready for the night.

I was worried about Fiona not replying to my messages for almost twenty-four hours. I went to her house but her windows and doors were shut. She was not in the coffee shop or the forest.

I was about to leave when the worst person stood face-to-face with me. My blood began to boil as he stared with those dead eyes "where's Fiona?" he raised his shoulders then walked past me, I shoved his arm with mine "hey, I'm not done talking" I glared with my side view.

"I don't know how you brainwashed her... if you're innocent I'll respect her judgment," I exhaled then pushed him "...but if you hurt her you'd regret coming to my world" I emphasized.

"Believe me, you don't want to fight me," Griffin wore a stupid smirk, "you're scared?" I scoffed.

With a straight face, he turned and continued his journey. I continued my search for Fiona, after hours I went back—disappointed.

NO ONE'S POV 
After a few days, Erica called Nicholas to ask if he was comfortable with the arrangement of their next meeting and he was.

 ...

Nicholas was dressed in a navy blue outfit, Erica was already seated in the coffee shop, she wore blue boyfriend jeans with emoji decorations, a yellow spaghetti top and white sneakers.

Nicholas recognized her dandelion afro hair, "good morning" he sat opposite her. "hello!" Erica grinned at him.

Laughter and joy filled their conversation as they chatted about songwriting, books and authors.

"Have you decided on the college you want?" Nicholas said, "Light college, I heard it's good" Erica smiled. 

Nicholas lowered his head to the table "Louis is leaving in two weeks," he exhaled, unable to look at her. 

Erica's smile disappeared gradually, she blinked her glistened eyes "how? So soon? I'll miss you... it's just me and you now, bookie, just like high school" she wore a sad smile.

A smirk crawled up his face "hmm... I'm not so sure about that," Erica raised an eyebrow "what do you mean?" 

Nicholas leaned forward and whispered "I'm coming along" She inhaled sharply "are you kidding? What about Louis? Your job and-" 

Nicholas chuckled "It was his idea, he planned everything" Nicholas chuckled, "how?" Erica said.