Chapter 8

FIONA's POV

He smiled at me without saying anything.

"Wait... why are you here?" we chorused 

I slightly moved my shoulder to get him off. 

Louis rubbed his chin as he stared at me like he wanted me to feel guilty but I couldn't care less. 

"I work here, why are you here? Customers should be in the dining room"

He sighed before speaking with a smug look "I'm Louis Walter, I can go anywhere I wish"

"Yeah, that's why you should've been in the VIP room by now if you were not familiar with this place" I stared at him waiting for his reaction.

Louis nodded with a smile "Impressive. This is my mother's restaurant that's why I'm here" 

My eyebrows creased like I didn't hear what he just said. He noticed my reaction and repeated himself. 

I had a lot on my mind, questions to ask and things to say but now that I think of it, I believe him, this restaurant is very successful and must have spent a huge amount of money to make it what it is today.

"So, what are you cooking?" Louis' voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Vegetable soup"

"Let me guess, this is the vegetarian section right?" I nodded and his facial expression showed he was not interested.

It was time for another shift, I changed my cook's uniform before leaving. I passed the back door and met Louis there then turned involuntarily.

"Hey!" Louis' voice made me halt

"Don't worry about your secret, it's safe with me" he said almost in a whisper. I looked back and was about to say something but ignored it later.

I watched him as he entered the back seat of a small yet expensive-looking black car. He had no convoys today. I tried to figure out why but focused on minding my business and boarding a taxi to the fashion house.

 I tried to figure out why but focused on minding my business and boarding a taxi to the fashion house

I got to the fashion house on time and waited a few minutes before my shift.

I finished the first set of clothes in an hour, it took me a week and I was finally ready to start the next set. I walked to the clothing section and picked my material before returning to the sewing section.

I froze staring at someone I thought I wouldn't see at least for the end of the day.

"Why are you following me? I'm not, you are" we half-yelled at the same time.

Louis exhaled deeply "Let me guess, you work here"

"Yes I do and your stepmother owns Magnificent fashion house right?"