Fish and Lizard

It was... quite the secret that Sans was in on. Now that he was training Izuku, they both decided to tell Sans everything about One For All. "so that's why..." Of course, with this information, a lot of what he'd been seeing suddenly made sense. All Might and Izuku were confused, naturally. "What's why?" All Might asked. "why izuku's quirk is developing late. i noticed my first day that his soul was different from the others, the patterns normal of a superhuman soul were only just forming on izuku's while the opposite seemed to be happening to your soul." He explained thoughtfully. "one for all transferring from you to you solidifies what i'm seeing and puts fact to your story." The two looked surprised, Izuku immediately fell into one of his muttering spells. "You can actually see it happening?" Sans shrugged. "souls are kinda my thing, so yeah, i can see your souls developing from human to superhuman and vice-versa."
"Monsters are fascinating beings, their abilities are beyond human comprehension..." Sans snickered. "kid, i'm teaching you my "incomprehensible" abilities." He air quoted. Izuku looked at Sans like he told him to do the impossible. "Wait WHAAAAAAAT?!"

💠💠💠

"wait what-" Sans, Shota, and Papyrus were equally surprised. Nezu merely smiled at them, hands together. "Yes, it was authorized this morning. A month from now 1-A will be going to Ebbot City, U.S.A." Home... they were... going home... Sans leaned back in his chair, bewildered. Ebbot City... Mt. Ebbot... the Underground... how had it changed in the last 134 years? "Of course during this month they will work on getting their Hero Licenses so that the Americans can see the next batch of exceptional heroes we are producing." Sans and Papyrus weren't really paying attention anymore, hell who could blame them? Of course they'd be shocked after being away from home for all this time... too bad Undyne and Alphys weren't awake to go with them. "Guess I'm Brushing up on my American then... I'll be getting these two home to process." Shota picked his boyfriend up and tugged Papyrus to his feet. "w-we are..."
"Yeah... you're going back to your hometown. Nezu is hoping that we can get some answers as to how you two got VML's if you were crystallized." Sans nodded slowly while Papyrus gave a wide smile. "HOW EXCITING!!!! WE ARE GOING HOME!!!!"

💠💠💠

The idea of going home had clouded his mind all night and throughout his lesson during the day too. It was hard for for anyone to figure out that he was distracted. The two monsters and human had express orders not to say a thing though, the trip to America was supposed to be a surprise. Shota and Papyrus found Sans in the lab during lunch. He was staring up at Undyne and Alphys, still suspended in the crystal. "can't be long... i don't want them to miss this..." Shota put a hand on Sans shoulder. "Has it been them that was on your mind all day?" Sans shook his head. "not just them, anyway. the idea of going back in general. the place i was born and raised, so many memories..." So much death. So much despair. So much good though, too. How much had it all changed? How had years without maintaining the Underground affected it? Was anything still standing? "BROTHER-" Sans looked at Papyrus in confusion. "LOOK! I-I THINK THEY ARE WAKING UP!" Undyne was twitching, Alphys was squirming in place, panicking. "Looks like you just got your wish-" The Skeletons rushed to break them out while Shota called Nezu.

💠💠💠

They were disoriented as Sans had been when he woke up. Likely Papyrus too. But when Undyne caught her bearings... "What the hell- Sans? What are you wearing?" He looked down at his hero costume and shrugged. "work clothes, you good now? any dizziness? nausea? lightheaded?" She shook her head, confused. "Off my case you dork- Papyrus?"
"HELLO UNDYNE!" Sans turned to Alphys. "How about you?" She was currently staring wide-eyed at Shota. "I-I-Is that an adult human?!" Que a triggered Undyne was a spear. "no you don't- humans aren't the enemy anymore- remember-?" Sans was quick to redirect the spear to the ground, startling Undyne in the process. "My mind is a mess, no I don't remember-" Papyrus was kind enough to step in so Sans could retreat to Shota and Nezu. "THEN LET THE GREAT PAPYRUS REMIND YOU! WE WERE ON OUR WAY TO THE SURFACE WITH FRISK BEFORE WE WERE TRAPPED IN THIS BIG CRYSTAL!" That certainly sparked something in Undyne's mind. "Frisk- is the little punk ok?!" Alphys was more stuck in the being stuck in a crystal part as she stared up at it. "I can explain everything." Nezu stepped up to greet the final two remaining monsters.

💠💠💠

Papyrus was in Nezu's office with Alphys and Undyne while Shota and Sans waited outside. "Undyne is something." Sans huffed. "you can say that again. i was never able to keep up with her the way pap is. al is more my speed. she'd be great in the tech support department- great with mechanics." Shota quirked a brow. "Really now? You'll have to tell Nezu that." Sans nodded his agreement. "yeah. 'dyne will definitely wanna be a hero, i'm surprised pap hasn't asked yet." Shota chuckled and pecked the top of Sans skull. "He's probably learning more about heroing before he jumps in, besides from what I understand he's learning new things about you? He probably wants to see you in action too." Sans rubbed the back of his skull. "heh, maybe..." Shota chuckled at Sans bashful behavior. "Well, I have students to prepare for their Licenses. Tell me how it goes."
"will do, good luck shota!" He bid his lover goodbye before going in to help with whatever was left in explanations.