Shota's Place and a Board Meeting

Shota's place wasn't bad. It was a nice cabin a bit on the outskirts of the city. Sans had crashed in the car immediately, exhausted from everything really. He was overwhelmed with information and still had a lot more questions, his magic was steadily rising, and he felt like he hadn't slept in the last 134 years. Shota was ok with this though. It gave him time to study his new roommate. Sans attire was casual, very casual. Lazy even. Shota could live with that. He was small compared to the other Skeleton that was trapped in the crystal. It could be genetics, but he couldn't be sure about that. Shota didn't bother to wake Sans up when they got their. He carried the Skeleton in himself. He was surprised how almost human it felt when carrying Sans. He was bony obviously, but it was like carrying a kid. He put Sans in the guest bedroom before he went about his night, making dinner and going out to do his hero work. He even left a note for Sans in case he woke up on where to find things and what not.

💠💠💠

Sans was awake soon enough. His nightmares persisted, even 134 years later. He didn't recognize the room, he assumed it was Shota's place. Sans contemplated for a solid five minutes. Why didn't the kid reset? What had stopped them? Was it the crystal, or was it something more? Was Chara still out there seeing as they were nothing more than pure determination? How did the crystal get to Japan? As far Sans was aware Ebbot was in the US. That was something he was going to have ask Nezu or even Shota. What was Sans next move now that he was one of the last four monsters in the world? Sans checked the time. It was 11 pm. Sans sensed for Shota's soul, frowning upon feeling that he wasn't even home. Sans supposed he'd have to ask later then. He reluctantly left his room and somewhat explored the place, looking for the kitchen for food and some coffee. He found the note while he was at it. "hero work? what does that mean?" He'd only been told that it was a superhuman society, nothing yet on heros and villains. Sans made himself some soba that was left and a cup off coffee before looking for the living room.

💠💠💠

Sans was chilling on the couch learning when Shota got home at 4 in the morning. The Skeleton had napped on and off between these 'learning' sessions but now he at least knew about heros and villains along with some of Japan's weather patterns, a bit of politics (which he mostly slept through), and other such news things. Heros were pretty much people with license allowed to use their 'quirks' for doing good deeds like stopping villains, who illegally used their quirks, and helping civilians out. They were typically paid for their work. Sans didn't particularly care about 'heros' or 'villains'. Shades of grey existed. Still, to each their own. "How long have you been up?" Sans paused in the drinking of his fourth cup of coffee. He glanced at the clocked as he pulled away from the mug. "mm, sixish hours?" The mug disappeared from his phalanges, landing safely in the sink. "do you know how i ended up in japan?" Shota shrugged as he joined Sans on the couch. "That's as much a mystery to me as how you are speaking fluent Japanese to me right now." Sans shrugged, equally unsure of that answer.

💠💠💠

They were going back to UA. As far as Sans learned, it was a prestigious high school with the best hero course in Japan, maybe even the world. Sans kept himself hidden from prying eyes. He was sure he didn't want people knowing he was a monster. He sat beside Shota in the back as they came into a staff meeting. "What do you mean one of them woke up?! None of them should be ready yet, right?" Vlad King was confused, as was the rest of the staff. The Skeleton and the pro looked at one another. "uh, is now a bad time? cause i can come back." Sans pointed to the door. "No, no. It's quite alright Sans. How are you feeling today?" The hooded Skeleton shrugged. "still processing, but i've gotta keep moving and i still got questions." Nezu made the go ahead gesture. "how did we get here, why can i speak fluent japanese, and how do you plan on hiding me from the villains of the world?" Nezu nodded slowly. "They are all valid questions. Your fluency in the japanese language is most likely due to your years of exposure to it. As for how we are going to hide you... we are not going to."

💠💠💠

"what?" Sans blinked, not expecting that answer. "We will not be able to hide you Sans. You are already under UA's protection and I am taking the necessary steps so that you can use your magic if necessary." Sans found himself pulling down his hood since he apparently wasn't being hidden. "yeah, would rather not be arrested by your authorities. what do you mean when you say i'm in UA's custody?" Nezu paused. "It was really just a musing for if one of you did happen to wake early..." Shota's eyes widened. "That soul studies class? You want him to be a teacher?" Sans looked down. Him? A teacher? "It's his choice, but seeing as we still barely know anything about souls like monsters do, it would be nice to have a class on it." Sans closed he sockets thoughtfully. Nobody knew more about souls than him... well one person did, but they were kind of nonexistent so.. "let me think about it. i'll have an answer for you by tomorrow." Sans requested. Nezu nodded. "Very well. In the meantime, why don't you sit in on this board-" Sans was asleep. "He, uh, apparently didn't sleep while I was at work. Sorry." Shota explained. Nezu hummed, but continued on with the meeting.