Spark of Something?

They'd went home after Sans gave his side of the story. He was (finally) released from the hospital where he proceeded to sleep even more. He did wake up for dinner, but it was takeout, seeing as Shota didn't have the arms to make a meal. Sans didn't mind, it reminded him of Grillby's for some reason though. Stars, he was gonna miss him the most out of all his deceased companions. Sans was awake way before breakfast, trying to fix his magic and see if he would still be under the affects of the drawbacks, so he made a traditional breakfast of biscuits and gravy for himself and Shota. Not very Japanese, but Sans wasn't didn't know any Japanese recipes and he kinda missed the meals of his home country. "You're up early." Shota noted as Sans poured gravy over their biscuits. "i slept long enough, it's about time i do something around here- huh. papyrus would be so proud of me." Sans chuckled a quiet and sad chuckle as he placed the plates and a ketchup on the table. "come here a moment."

💠💠💠

Curious, Shota did as Sans asked to which the Skeleton grabbed the sides of his face, looking focused. "S-Sans?!"
"shh." Sans silenced Shota as small beads an translucent blue sweat started to gather on his skull. Sans removed his hands from his face and to his arm where Shota could see a pale green glow. He decided not to interrupt whatever Sans was doing. Sans switched to his other arm, before staggering away and sinking to the floor, panting. "i guess that's it... raw magic is temporary..." He panted mostly to himself. "What did you do? Are you ok?!" Shota took a uneasy step forward. "i'm fine, i just won't be able to use magic until the drawbacks fade. i used some liquid magic i extracted from a piece of the crystal to temporarily bypass the drawbacks to heal you." He dragged himself to his feet. "i'm not very good at healing magic, but you should at least be able to move your arms to eat." The casts and bandages were taken off and the two were finally able to eat. "What is this?"
"biscuits and gravy. an american meal." Sans replied. "What are the drawbacks for?" The Skeleton lifted a bonebrow. "don't your quirks have drawbacks if overused? i simply need to let my magic finish replenishing and let it settle back into its natural flow. it just takes awhile."

💠💠💠

Even though there was no school, Sans popped by, only to see how the others were doing. He broke in again, nothing Nezu needed to know about, he would fix it again as he had done before. He headed down and headed straight for the crystal. "hey pap, 'dyne, al... it's been awhile, huh?" He sat down beside the crystal. "so, uh, i should probably catch you up on events. so... it's been a real long time. 134 years to be exact. monsters are extinct aside from us and humans have superhuman abilities thanks to crossbreeding with monsters. i am becoming a teacher here shortly and i really like my students. one of them is super violent, but i think i could get through to him if i talk to him. they were attacked a couple weeks back, but i actually did something about it.." He chuckled. If Papyrus and the girls had seen him, they would've been so surprised. "i am still suffering from the drawbacks of magic exhaustion. missed most of the sports festival. uh, i healed a guy too. i guess that's it for now." Sans got up and left them, hoping that they would wake up soon.

💠💠💠

There was school the next day. A good many of the students were really happy to see him and he got a few hugs, which was nice. "heh heh, i'm happy to see you guys too, i wasn't there for long, but good fight against that purple haired kid izuku." Midoriya's eyes lit up. "Thank you sir!" Sans froze and turned slowly to the boy. "sir...?" He questioned lowly, making Izuku gulp. He busted out laughing, long and hard, like it was the funniest joke he'd ever heard. Shota came in looking concerned. "What's going on here? Is Sans ok?"
"That's what I'm wondering..." Shoto muttered. Sans wiped away a tear. "oh man, that's gotta be the first time i've ever been called 'sir'. sans is just fine, or if you really want to, gaster sensei or whatever you call your teachers. just not sir." Shota shook his head to clear it. "Alright, take your seats, everyone, I've got a few announcements to make." Sans shuffled to the back to observe again.

💠💠💠

Hero names. They were choosing hero names for their internships. Sans shuttered upon seeing Midnight there and was tempted to excuse himself from the room. He didn't much care for the rated r-ness of the woman. It made him uncomfortable. He stayed put though, to help out. "Hey Sans?" He looked over at Toru Hagakure, the invisible girl. "If you were a hero, what would you call yourself?" She asked. He grinned mischievously. "pun-man, the punning hero." That got most of the class snickering. "You're kidding." Fumekage sweatdropped. "i am, actually." Sans replied in amusement. He had given this question genuine thought though, just in case he did need a hero license to help the kiddos in their lessons and such. "Well? What is it really?" Momo asked. They all seemed to be at the edge of their seats, waiting. Even Shota and Nemuri were curious and listening. Sans sighed. "the karmatic hero: judge. that was... my job back in the underground. i read people, judge them, and if they were a threat, it was my job to execute them by order of the king." He sighed again, avoiding the others stares. "Well, a good thing that's not your job anymore, huh?" Sans glanced at Shota. Seeing the genuinity of the teachers words... it filled him with relief.