Lesson Plan

If only Papyrus could see him now. While some of the kids were doing work-studies and Shota was teaching what rest, Sans was finally starting to formulate his lesson plans. He knew he'd probably thrown the kiddos off, not being there all of a sudden, but it had to be done. On top of that, he needed to learn more about the superhuman soul. How it functioned, how it made the quirk in question work. If he could break down superhuman soul functions for the kids, it could set up a good chance of using it as a weakness to the 'villians', or even having the quirk removed if it was simply too dangerous. Sans paused. Could he really do something like that? Take away someone's quirk? He rocked back in his chair. What classified a 'hero' from a 'villian' anyway? The world wasn't just black and white. There were shades of grey as well. Some villains were just people doing what they had to to get by. They were dealt the bad cards. Some villains were black though. Sans sighed. Check was a must learn, definitely. It would help them to know what they are dealing with.

💠💠💠

"Hey Mr. Gaster!" Sans looked up at the approaching group of students that were coming in during their lunch break. How sweet. "denki, mashiro, hanta. nice to see you kiddos, what's up?" The three gathered around, looking at the mess Sans made of the table. "Nothing much, teach, just checking up on you." Denki replied. "Kinda surprised us when you didn't come in today, everyone misses you." Sans felt touched, even moving his hand to his soul. "What are you doing?" Mashiro asked. "getting ready for my class." Sans twirled his pencil as he looked over what he had so far. "Oh yeah... I forgot you're gonna be teaching your own class." Denki admitted. Sans nodded as he hummed an affirmative.  "... ya know... i could actually use your kids help. if i'm gonna be teaching you about souls, i need to learn more about superhuman ones..." Sans looked away. "i really hate to ask this... but can i look at your souls one of these times? only one from each quirk class. i need something to study..." Souls were personal, he knew that, but he also knew they needed to know their own souls the most. "Of course! Go for it!" He was a little nervous that they were so willing. "i'll be careful during my studies and ask for consent for everything. this is your very being, after all."

💠💠💠

The school day was over before Sans realized it. "Hey Sans, it's time to go-" Shota looked at the mess on the table, Sans hard at work writing something. "it's gotta have something to do with the patterns, some are shaded lighter than the others, possibly from species interbreeding, though i could be wrong- perhaps i should start getting data sooner rather than later..." Shota hadn't seen Sans with this much drive since the USJ Incident. He knew the Skeleton genuinely cared for the students. He put his hand on Sans shoulder. "huh- shota. is it that time already?" Shota nodded as he started picking up papers. "Unfortunately for you, it seems." Sans started collecting himself. "i've got a good start, but i need more on the soul types and their functions. there's a lot of emitter types in the class and a couple mutation types i can study, but ejiro is the only transformation type, i think." Shota looked at Sans. "You can always use my soul for your study." Sans blushed bright blue, caught off guard.

💠💠💠

Studying the kids was one thing, they were way to young for him, but for Shota to offer... Sans couldn't hold his composure. He was an awesome, somehow single, pro hero around Sans age. That was a little too intimate too him... yet he highly doubted the pro knew just how intimate a soul was to a monster. The drive back was quite and Shota kept glancing at Sans. "Did I say something offensive? I really didn't mean anything by it if I did." Sans shook his head immediately. "no, i just... heh... your offer is appreciated but... i don't think i can, uh, use your soul for my research."
"Why not?" Shota asked, ever curious. Sans blushed yet again. "i, uh, i- you know that i'm a skeleton right?" He looked more confused. "Yeah...?" He had no idea where Sans was going with this. "i have no squishy, weird reproductive organs." Shota blinked as two and two came together. "Oh. Oh." He blushed a tad himself. "But it's ok to look at the kids souls?"
"i'm not a pedophile if that's what you're thinking. i just prefer to research souls i wouldn't be attracted to-" Oh boy, that came out wrong.

💠💠💠

Shota didn't say anything. Sans didn't say anything. Neither knew what to say. Was it bad, that Sans found Shota attractive? It's not like he made a move to date the guy. He was both too scared to and too convinced that love wasn't for him to. He would only end up hurting his potential lover in the end, so why try? When the vehicle stopped at their place, Sans took a shortcut inside. He couldn't stand the awkward silence anymore. Instead he sprawled his research out on his personal desk to ignore what happened. If he was lucky, it would be forgotten tomorrow. There was a knock on his door that he pretended not to hear. "Sans, I'm coming in." He came in with dinner and put it on the clear corner. He hesitated at the door as he went to leave, then turned to Sans. "You can still research my soul, if you want. I don't mind." The teacher said before he closed the door behind him and went out to do hero work for the night.