The Jealous Type

The day of the Provisional Licensing Exams came, and Sans, Shota, and the other monsters were allowed to watch. It was a learning experience for Papyrus, Undyne, and Alphys to see how heroes were made. Sans had gone through something a tad similar while battling All Might, but this was new for him, too. He wasn't sure why he didn't get a rescue portion, but he supposed Nezu figured he already had experience. He really hadn't, but he was a natural at what he did, so all had worked out in the end. A woman came over and sat on the other side of Shota, talking to him and laughing. Sans wasn't used to the feeling of jealousy, but he felt as if this Ms. Joke, aka Emi Fukukado, was intruding or something - he didn't like it. Sans instantly faked a big yawn and flopped his skull into Shota's lap. "imma take a nap..." Shota smiled a little and pet Sans' skull. "Sleep well, Judge." Sans smiled a tad smugly, especially when he heard Undyne's scoff and Alphys' tiny squeal, along with Papyrus tutting. Ah, sweet victory and a comfortable spot to watch the kids work for their Provisional Licenses.

💠💠💠

"Eraser! Are you gay?" Sans tried not to snicker as he imagined the "What do you think" expression on Shota's face. "If I said yes, would you leave me alone?" Emi merely laughed at Shota's words as if they were the funniest words she heard all day. "Ok! Well, that's your partner, right? Judge?"
"This his him, yes." Emi looked past them and to the monsters. "Who's your other silly friends?" Sans huffed softly. "you like to ask a lot of questions, don't ya?" He mumbled softly as he watched Shoto and that Shiegetsu kid, Inasa Yoarashi, fight in the middle of battle. This was going to be a huge blow to his grade. Katsuki was struggling, too. His explosive attitude was showing and taking its toll during these rescues. "I suppose I do!" She chirped, laughing. Papyrus "Nyeh"ed out his own laugh, more than happy to introduce himself. "I AM THE GREAT PAPYRUS! THESE ARE MY FRIENDS, CAPTAIN UNDYNE, AND DOCTOR ALPHYS!!!" Undyne grinned at Emi while Alphys squeaked and tried to hide behind her girlfriend. "Hi! I'm the Smiling hero, Ms Joke! It's funny to meet you all! Are you all mutation type quirks?"

💠💠💠

The monsters were uncertain of how to respond, but Sans had given this one thought. "yeah, actually, alphys here has two quirks. spark and bearded dragon. undyne's quirk is spearfish-" Shota quirked a brow while Papyrus groaned, and Undyne's grin grew. "and pap's quirk is skeleton." Emi blinked, looking at Undyne. "I don't see a spear, though..?" Undyne's toothy smile grew impossibly big. "I can show you some spears -"
"no - not in here, anyway. maybe outside, after the exams." Undyne grumbled, wanting to show off her magic. Quirk? Whatever Sans had called it. "Oh, ok! I'd love to see it!" At least Emi was nice to his friends. She probably wasn't bad. He just didn't like someone else actively flirting with his boyfriend. He was pretty sure Shota knew it, too. He continued to pet Sans softly and lovingly. Sans did make a point to twist in Shota's lap and nuzzle into him, pointedly showing Emi that she should back off. Shota was his. He felt as well as he heard his boyfriend chuckle as he bent down to whisper in Sans' ear. "I didn't take you for the jealous type."
"i didn't know i was..." Sans whispered back.

💠💠💠

The Provisional Licensing Exams came out to be a resounding success as all but two of Class 1-A passed. Of course, Sans had had a feeling that Shoto and Katsuki weren't going to pass. Their issues had stood out the most of all the 1-A students. Still, Sans wished them better luck next time. "learn from your mistakes, kiddos. you'll do better next time!" He congratulated the others on a work well done and was ready for actual (celebration) nap when he spotted Emi with Shota again. And in true jealous fashion, he marched up to Shota and clung to his back. "sup overhere?" Shota found himself chuckling again, Emi in much the same shape - only she was full on laughing. "We had just bet that you would come over her, all jealous. I would like my yen now." Emi handed over 1465 yen, still laughing. "That's pretty funny! You have a good boyfriend, Eraser! I should be heading off with my students now, but it was great to see you again, and nice to meet you, Judge!" Sans leaned into Shota with a hum. "you as well, ms joke..."

💠💠💠

That's how the day ended. Sans had learned something about himself. "i never knew myself to be a jealous type, how embarrassing..." Shota only rubbed his skull. "It's adorable. You're adorable..." That comforted Sans, but... "is bakugo and todoroki gonna have to miss the field trip now, you think?" Shota thought for a moment before shaking his head. "No, I doubt Nezu would do that. This is an experience to learn about America and its heroes, not to mention more about the orgins of the Metahuman. They will all go." Sans sighed in relief. "I get to tell them tomorrow. The field trip is a couple of weeks from Monday." Sans smiled, his eyelights glowing brighter, and he snuggled into his hero. "i can't wait! i missed the underground, even if a lot of bad things happened down there..." Shota picked Sans up and carried him to the bedroom. "I'm sure plenty of good happened there too. I can't wait to see it myself..." Sans thought once more and his smile faded. "i bet it looks roughed up after a hundred and thirty-four years..." Shota kissed his temple. "It's nothing we can't fix, Sans." The door closed behind Shota as they went to bed for the night.