𝐈𝐕

TW: Kinda mean parents

TW: Kinda mean parents. Also, there is an important notice at the bottom of the chapter. Please reply to it.

[Brother - Kodaline]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

My hands cover my eyes, trying to remember all the numbers counting up to 10. Howard taps my shoulder, telling me he's ready and runs off. I close my eyes under my hands, a wide smile on my face. The autumn breeze blows, messing up my hair. The chill runs down my bare arms, raising goosebumps.

1.

I begin counting, my smile getting even bigger. The leaves fly against the floor, the wind carrying them. The sunlight peeks through my fingers, slightly blinding me. I scrap my feet along the concrete, creasing my shoes.

2, 3, 4, 5.

The wind howls in my ears, whistling and deafening all other sounds. The air smells cold, chilling my nostrils. My legs can't keep still, too excited to get to ten and begin looking for Howard. With my smile growing every second, I try to remember the next numbers.

6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

"Ready or not, here I come," I shout, taking my hands off my eyes.

My head whips around, trying to find Howard hiding in plain sight. He's always so predictable. My feet carry me around the park, looking for his tall build and dark brown hair. I peek through the bars under the slide, seeing a boy looking through the trees. His body is tall, his arms swinging beside his torso. His brown hair blows in the wind, revealing the back of his neck. With his back facing me, I creep up to him.

Grabbing him by the shoulders, I jump up and down, shouting his name. Howard seems tense and surprised as I touch him, slowly turning around. With his face now facing mine, I can see his wide smile and blue eyes. Except they aren't Howard's. They are Bucky's.

"Bev!" He pulls me into a hug.

"Hello, Bucky." I hug him back.

He pulls back from the hug, looking down at me. For the first time ever, I realise how similar Bucky looks to Howard. His hair, eyes, and skin are all the same colour. They even have a similar body build.

"What are you doing here? You live quite far away from this park." I ask.

"I'm here with Steve. I'm staying over at his house tonight."

"Steve's here?" My smile grows.

Just as I say his name, the slide moves in its place as a body slides down it, the plastic not properly held in by the nails and bolts. Steve steps out of the slide, instantly seeing Bucky and me. He smiles, brushing the leaves and dirt off his clothes and runs to us.

"Hey, Bev!" He hugs me.

"Hey, Steve." I reciprocate.

"What you doing?"