𝐗𝐈

TW: Slight peer pressure, throwing up, and jealousy

[18 - One Direction]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

The taxi ride took too long to arrive at the destination, my legs bouncing with anticipation the closer we got. I had to place my hands on my knees to stop them from moving so much. Bucky and Steve sat beside me in the back seat, a wide smile on Bucky's face, and a nervous one on Steve's.

The taxi pulls up in the car park, and Bucky reaches the front of the car and passes the driver money for the ride. Steve jumps out of the car, holding the door for me. The taxi drives off, gas pumping in our faces as it speeds away. I loop my arms into the boy's, skipping closer to the entrance. We reach the booth, handing money to the worker and our tickets being passed to us, the logo stamped on the front. Above us hangs the bright, neon sign, blinding those whose look for too long.

Coney Island.

I squeal at the sight in front of me, all the bright lights standing all around me. The colourful booths of food, games, and toys are scattered all over the island, adorned by customers and families enjoying their time here. Flashing lights from attractions blind me as we walk past, bright white and yellow. The large Ferris wheel stands in the stomach of the island, turning very slowly, allowing the riders to get a full view of the park.

With my hands holding their arms, I pull them along with me as I run towards the line for a ride. We join the line, seeing that it won't take long until we are allowed to get on. A smile beams on my face, Bucky copying it. Steve stands behind us, looking at the ride nervously.

"I don't think I can do this." Steve stammered.

"What's wrong?" I stroke his arm.

"That's too high, I can't ride that." He babbles.

"Hey, it's alright, pal. You don't have to ride it. You can wait at the exit if you want to." Bucky suggests.

"Yeah, please." Steve nods his head.

Not long after, we get to the front of the queue, Steve walks over to the exit and waits patiently. Bucky and I sit in the cart, the metal bar is pushed down and holding us in securely. The worker stands beside the large handle, counting down out loud, and pulling it down, starting the ride. The chains under the cart rattle as the ride begins, the cart moving on the rails. I hold Bucky's arm as we get further in the air, his smile permanent on his face. Just as we get to the top, I close my eyes, preparing myself for the sudden drop. When it happens, my hair flies in the air behind me, and a scream falls from my lips. The ride is fast, forceful, and exciting. Even Bucky screams at one point, a throaty noise electing from his throat. At one point, we turn a sharp corner, my body being jolted into Bucky. He holds me by my waist, pulling me closer to him and laughing at my wide-eyed expression. The ride ends, us being back at the start and the bars rising, letting us get out of the cart.