𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

TW: Injections and unwilling experiments

[As It Was - Hozier]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

My eyes open, and the lack of light in the room makes my eyes strain. The springs on the bed shift as I move slightly, my body feeling stiff and an aching pain shooting in my head. A dripping comes from my hairline, falling down my cheek. It feels light, not heavy enough to be blood, thankfully. My sight shifts from in front of me to the side of my head when I feel pressure on my temple.

The pressure was soft, yet enough that it broke my focus on the wall before me. I move my head to look above me, my vision is slightly blurry. I blink a few times, finally being able to see clearly. Sat next to me, my head in his lap, is Winter. He smiles down at me, stroking my cheek. Pulling the cloth from my head, he places a loose strand of my hair behind my ear.

"I'm happy that you're back." He beams.

I sit up from my current position, copying his and placing my hands on my knees. He still smiles at me, but I can see evident pain behind his blue eyes. I lean forward, pulling him into a hug. He quickly reciprocates, wrapping his strong arms around my upper body. I place my head on his chest, soaking in his natural scent.

"I'm back here, aren't I? This is HYDRA?" I nervously question.

"Mmh." He nods his head.

He pulls from the hug, placing both of his hands on my cheeks. For a split second, I get an overpowering feeling to lean forward and kiss him. But, I refrain from it, not wanting to overstep any lines. He pats his lap, allowing me to lean my head back on his legs again. He reaches over and grabs the cloth again, the water dripping down my face as it comes into contact with my skin. When he pulls the cloth from my face, I can see a red stain on the material, staining it. He continues to clean my face, taking off the mud and dirt as well as the blood.

"Where did you go?" He asks.

"To some girls' school. I had to teach them to fight."

"What happened to make you this bruised and bloody?" He questions.

I close my lips, not allowing myself to speak. I refuse to even utter the words that are on my mind. Noticing this, he doesn't question me further. Instead, he continues cleaning my face, travelling down to my neck and cleaning some of the grime from there. I really appreciate it.

He places the cloth down on the mattress, wrapping his arms around my body. He sways my body, kissing the temple of my head. He barely misses the blood spot. As he hugs me, I lean my face into his leg, needing some form of comfort from him. He happily gives it to me.

We are interrupted by the sound of metal clicking together. We both turn our heads in the direction of the noise, seeing a shadow walking down the hallway and towards our cell. It stops when a man stands in front of our bars, pulling a pair of keys out of his pockets. The door unlocks, it swinging open and properly revealing the guard's face and body.

"Out, now." He orders.

We both quickly stand, obeying his orders. Walking down the hallway, the guard stands behind us, watching our moves. We are guided down the final hallway, and into the hospital room. Quickly, a pair of doctors force us to sit down on a hospital bed, pushing our bodies to lie down on the mattress. When we are forced down, a few guards strap us down onto the bed. Quickly, the doctors force a needle into both of our arms, shoving the liquid inside our bloodstream. It takes a while for the effects to overcome my body, but when it does, it makes me feel sleepy.

My body feels heavy as I am unstrapped from the bed, being dragged across the room. From the corners of my eyes, I can see them doing the same to Winter. We make it to the other side of the room, and a few guards open the doors to the Cryo machines. We are shoved inside the machines, the doors locked behind us. Ice enters my lungs, clouding my windpipe.

———————————————