𝐈𝐗

TW: Somewhat some miscommunication and arguments

[Television / So Far So Good - Rex Orange County]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

Our pens connect with the paper, scribbling down any notes we can take from the textbook in front of us. The bed springs under us creak at every movement, interrupting the comfortable silence every now and then. Steve bites the end of his pen, chewing at the pencil in frustration. He never was any good at Chemistry.

With the tip of my pen, I point at the section he's supposed to be reading from. He leans closer to the book, reading every individual word carefully. Once he memorizes a small paragraph, he leans back, picks up his notepad and begins writing it down.

"Thanks." He smiles at his notebook.

"No problem."

We all continue studying for the test on Bucky's bed, stressing out about the future. If we don't pass it, then all hell will break loose. Steve will be moved classes, and Bucky's mom will be disappointed. If he fails, his mom won't let him come to Coney Island next weekend. And If I fail, then my father won't let me out for the summer break. I'll have to work as Howard's assistant and make money there. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a job and working with my brother would be fun, but I want to do it on my own terms. After almost 2 hours passed of studying, we decide to take a break, closing the textbook and notepads.

"So, Bev. How was school the other day?" Steve asks, a sneaky smile on his face.

"What?"

"I heard about you and Robert." He smirks.

"Oh yeah. How did you find out?"

"Half the school knows. Robert Young is known by everyone, and his business too." He smiles.

"Well." I get comfortable in my seat. "I don't know, he's nice. And I like him, and I know he likes me too. He asked me out."

"Good for you, are you gonna say yes?"

"I dunno. The other girls say he's nice. I might, I mean I like him. He's cute." I smile.

Bucky humps, standing up from the bed. His hands are in fists, his expression hard. Steve and I look up at him as he looks down at the floor, contemplating his next moves. He looks at us, making eye contact with Steve longer than me.

"I'm gonna go get a drink. I'll be back in a minute." He storms out of the room.

The door slams behind him, his heavy footsteps carrying him down the hallway and stairs. My eyes are wide as I stare at the door, waiting for him to come back inside. Steve sighs beside me, looking down at his lap.

"Did I do something wrong?" I question.

"No, of course not. He's just got a lot on his mind right now." He reassures.