𝐗𝐋

AN: We have finally made it to the nice chapter where there are no trigger warnings!

[Home - Edith Whiskers]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

"Beverly?"

I turn my body on the hospital bed, seeing a tall figure standing in the doorframe. Noticing my focus shift towards them, they step out from behind the wall, walking into the room. With the bright lights in the room, I can see a beautiful and familiar smile looking down at me. Steve begins walking towards me, a broad smile on his face. I turn my body on the bed, facing him.

For the last few steps towards me, he picks up his pace, running up to me. When he makes it to me, he pulls me into a hug, my face being smushed into his chest. I laugh at his antics but still wrap my arms around his waist, happy to finally feel him next to me again.

"I remember," I whisper against his lower chest.

He slowly pulls from the hug, staring down at me. He looks shocked, his arms still wrapped around my body. He refuses to let his grasp loosen on me, but still pulls back from the hug, silently asking me what I meant. I can't help the wide smile on my face as I look up into his blue eyes. A pair of blue eyes I have missed since the second I was put under Cryo. One of the pares of blue eyes I can't wait to see again.

"I remember it all, Steve. It all came back to me." I beam.

"Really?" He questions.

"Really. I swear, Steve. I can remember everything."

"What's my full name?" He asks.

"Steven Grant Rogers."

"What's my favourite colour?"

"You say blue, but it is really yellow." I roll my eyes.

"How did we meet?"

I have to laugh at his actions, seeing his worried frown slowly slip into a smile. I grab his hands from my waist, holding them in my own. It feels amazing to finally have his skin touching mine again after all this time. I don't know for sure how long I had been under, but I can feel that a large amount of time has passed. From the happy look on Steve's face when he walked in, I could tell all this time had an effect on him. He had only just found his two best friends after all this time, only for us to be taken away from him again.

"It was our first day of school and we were both nervous and shy little kids. I needed to use the crayon you were using, so I finally asked you, making you start a conversation with me." I explain. "We talked about our families and even made a joke about the teacher."

He laughs at the memory, the horrible and defiantly not funny joke we made. It doesn't matter that it isn't funny to us anymore, all that matters now is that it started one of the best friendships I have ever had the privilege of having. The smile on his face starts to quiver, and his eyes are watering slightly at the memory. That our innocence and childhood were stolen from us.