𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

TW: Secret relationships, war discussions, smoking, and talk of experiments

[Falling Like The Stars - James Arthur]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

My red heel pumps tap to the soft music playing from the band on the stage, my leg crossed over my knee as I sit on the bar stool. I'm wearing a black, tight dress, sipping on my scotch at the bar. Steve sits beside me, in his army uniform, looking around the bar nervously. He keeps looking down at me, telling me I need to cover myself from the wandering eyes of the perverted men around us. I roll my eyes, glaring at the creeps violating me with their eyes.

He swirls the toothpick in his scotch drink, mixing the rocks at the bottom of the glass with the alcohol. We both observe the door, waiting for the arrival. A flood of people stormed through the door, adding more boisterous noise into the quiet room. At the end of the crowd stands a tall man, with a broad smile on his face. His eyes search the room, landing on me and Steve, smiling wider when he sees us. He wears his army uniform, a Sargent cap on his head, covering his chestnut, curly hair.

"Bucky!" Steve cheers.

"Hey." He beams.

Bucky jogs over to us, pulling me into a huge. I wrap my arms around his chest, pushing my face into him. His smell storms my nostrils, the smell making me smile into his chest. I hold him tightly, his hold on my waist swinging my body as he hugs me. I lift my face into his neck, sneakily kissing the skin underneath his jawline.

Steve steps closer to us, looking with his eyebrows scrunched together. I let go of Bucky, allowing Steve to hug Bucky. They clap each other on the back, smiling at one another. I sit back down on my stool, Bucky and Steve following soon after. Bucky shoots down the bartender, asking him for a whiskey. His drink is delivered, and he instantly shoots it down.

"So, how have you been?" Steve asks him.

"I've been alright. The training was hard." He answers.

"What about your orders? Do you know when you are next being shipped out?" I question.

"Yeah, uh, tomorrow."

"What?" I whisper.

He looks guilty down at me, not being able to make eye contact. I place my drink back down on the bar after chugging the liquid, aching as it shoots down my throat. I groan at the feeling, my body stiffening. My concentration is broken at the sound of the door opening, and the band stops playing the music. My eyes shoot over to the door, seeing a curvy figure in a red dress, auburn hair bouncing with every step in the high-heels. All eyes are on her as she treks over to us, a wide smile designed over her bright red lips.

"Mr Rogers." She greets.

"Agent Carter." He nods.

They eye-fuck each other very clearly, making me smirk at them. It is painfully obvious that they like each other. Everyone at the bar continues their conversations, going back to what they were doing before Peggy walked in. The band continues playing music and the bar echoes with the soft sound of their instruments and quiet chatter.