𝐗𝐗𝐈

TW: Experiments and death

[Inside Out - Andrew Austin]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

I'm guided through some empty hallways by a few unknown doctors. They walk behind me, pointing out the right direction to take, towards the lab. They take me into a room beside the lab doors, shutting the door behind me. I'm alone in the room, white walls and furniture scattered around. There are no other items apart from a bed, and a white robe placed neatly on top of the duvet.

Following their last instructions, I begin to undress. I place my dress on the bed, next to the robe and stand in the room almost naked. Stood dazed and confused, I'm only wearing my bra and panties. I wrap the robe around my body, tying the rope around my waist and securing it on my body.

I step out of the room, seeing a nurse waiting patiently by the door. She smiles at me, waving her hands down the hallway and motioning for me to follow her. I do, my steps nervously taking me down the corridor and towards the lab. We enter, seeing the room is filled with men in long, white lab coats, other men in suits, and a few spectators on the balcony.

Steve stands in the middle of the room, awkwardly swaying on his feet in a robe. He notices me and smiles, walking towards me. I leave the nurse behind, meeting Steve halfway.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He smiles.

"I'm alright. How are you doing?"

"Honestly, I'm a little nervous."

"Yeah, me too," I admit.

Howard walks over to us, pulling me into a hug. I reciprocate, seeing how nervous he looks about all of this. I hold him tightly, calming my rapidly growing breathing. Noticing this, he rubs my back, kissing the crown of my head.

"You two ready?" He asks.

"Yeah, we are," Steve answers for the both of us.

"Great! Good luck."

Howard walks over to Abraham, standing behind the control centre. Abraham taps the microphone, testing it before he leans in. He smiles at me, nodding his head, reassuring me that everything will be fine.

"Okay, Mr Rogers and Miss Stark, are we ready to begin?" He asks.

"Yes." Steve and I answer.

"Can you both please take off the robes and stand in the tubes." He orders.

Steve and I look over at each other, biting our lips before hesitantly taking off our robes. We step into the tubes, and a couple of scientists walk over and hold the doors open. Abraham leans into the microphone again, facing the balcony with the audience.

"Ladies and gentlemen, today is a revolutionary day for science. I present to you the experiment I have worked endlessly on. Creating an incredibly strong and worthy soldier to help fight the war."