𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

TW: Fighting and dangerous environments

[Silence - Marshmello]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

Their actions are like a perfect dance, swaying as they move. The guns are standing on the end of their hands, aimed at the walls. I stalk around them, watching their every move. The room is silent, the sound of a pin dropping would alarm everyone. Dreykov stands by the front door, observing the girls and me. Chills constantly run up my spine every time we make eye contact, his smile making the hairs on my arms stand up straight.

One of the girls in the middle of the sequence constantly moves out of sequence with the others, her movements behind everyone else's. Everyone else stands forward, her staying on the spot. Then they step back, her copying their movements, but stepping back too far. She falls on top of the girls standing behind her, knocking her over. Like dominos, everyone behind them falls over until the last girl at the end of the row is underneath the rest.

Everyone's attention falls on them, nobody daring to move. A guard pushes his body weight off the wall and charges towards her, preparing to pull her out of the room. But, just before he can get to her, I place my palm on his chest, stopping him from going any further.

"I'll deal with this." I nod my head at him.

I step over to her, seeing that everyone around her was slightly injured from the tumbling. I crouch down to look closer at her, seeing the evident terror on her face. She doesn't make eye contact with me, instead looking at my chest. I reach out my hand, waiting for her to place her hand into it. She hesitantly does, allowing me to pick her up and make her stand beside me. I nod my head at the other girls, gesturing for them to wait on the sidelines of the room. They follow my orders, pressing their backs onto the concrete walls.

I take the gun from her hands, holding it properly in my hands. I look over at her, making sure that she is carefully watching my movements. Her eyes follow my hands, seeing where each individual finger lays and their jobs. When I know she has seen enough, I hand her back her gun, making her hold it perfectly. She holds it just as I did, her fingers ghosting over the trigger.

"Do exactly as you are told and you will survive here, I promise," I whisper to her.

She nods her head at me, the fear that was prominent on her face once is now slowly fading. I place my hand on her shoulder, guiding her over to the place where she previously stood. The other girls stand where they did previously, their guns in their palms. They all continue their training, the girl now holding the gun properly and slowly joining their movements.

I stand away from them, stopping to stand beside Dreykov. He stands with his arms crossed over his chest, a broad smile on his face. The once frown is now covered by the sight of his teeth seeping through his lips. He leans his head over to me, his eyes still trained on the girls.

"Good job there. I wasn't expecting that." He smiles.

"Thank you."

"She almost never fails, something must have been wrong with her. She is one of our bests."

"What's her name?" I ask.

"Romanoff. Natasha Romanoff."

♥︎♥︎♥︎

I walk around the joined room, seeing all the girls getting ready for bed. Doing my rounds, I make sure that they are all in bed before I will leave the room. All the way across the room stands the same girl that I helped earlier today, tying up her hair into a low bun. She pulls the duvet from underneath her pillow, slipping underneath it. Just before she lies down with her head on the pillow, she stays sat up, looking over at me. I continue doing my rounds, seeing all the girls in their beds with their eyes closed. I make it over to her, standing hovering over her bed.

"Goodnight, Natasha." I smile.

I turn to walk over to the door, leaving the girls to go to bed. But, I feel a hand wrapped around my wrist, stopping me from moving. I look down at my arm, seeing that her hand is wrapped around my wrist, holding it tightly. Her smile is prominent on her face, pulling my arm closer to her chest. I sit on the end of her bed, her hold still on my skin.

"Thank you for today. You saved my life." She beams.

"I needed to. I couldn't watch another girl be killed for the smallest of mistakes."

"Thank you though."

She lets go of my hand, letting me stand up from her bed and hover over her. I smile down at her, watching her get comfortable under the duvet and lie her head on the pillow. A part of me wants to tuck her in, suddenly feeling very protective over her. I refrain from doing it, not wanting to overstep any lines. She was probably just being nice. I smile down at her again, turn around and walk over to the door. I flip the light switch, and all the lights flicker before shutting off. Shutting the door behind me, I give out a huge sigh, feeling the weight of the day toppling over me.

———————————————
Just a quick question that you can answer in the comments, do you like the longer stories like this one or the quick pace ones like my past stories? Just so I know how many chapters to plan for future projects.