𝐕𝐈

AN: Rebecca's age is different In this story

AN: Rebecca's age is different In this story. (She's 5)

[Ribs - Lorde]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

Steve and I stroll up the drive, paying the driver for the taxi ride here. We knock on the door, waiting for the echoing of footsteps to arrive at the door and open it. When it does, a smiley face greets us. She pulls Steve and me into a group hug, kissing the temples of our heads.

"Oh, hello! I'm so glad you could make it." Winnie smiles at us.

"Hello, Winnie. We brought dessert." Steve hands her a large chocolate gateau, wrapped in a plastic container.

"Oh, you didn't have to."

"It's the least we could do." I smile.

"Well." She opens the door further. "Please, come in. Bucky is in the living room with Rebecca."

Steve and I walk through the door, putting up our coats, hats, and scarves on the hooks beside the door. We walk through the hallway, into the living room. The room is lit up by candles, the smell of the scented wax infusing our noses. James and Rebecca are talking on the couch, playfighting as they do. James looks away from her, smiling at us two.

"Hey, guys."

"Hey, Bucky." Steve and I say.

Recognising my voice, Rebecca turns in her seat to look at us. When she sees me, her smile grows. She launches herself off the couch, running towards my body. She grabs onto my legs, squeezing them as she hugs me. I ruffle her hair, smiling down at her. She has always been like a little sister to me, from the first time I met her. She was coming back from pre-school when Steve and I were around James' house. She came in complaining about a boy who had pulled her pigtails. She was justifying her actions, saying that she pushed him into the sandpit. When Winnie disagreed with her actions, she turned around to me, never having met me, and asked what I thought about it. I answered honestly, saying that the other kid started it first, and she was just defending herself. Ever since then, I and her have been like family. It's nice to know that she sees me as an inspiration, role model, and bigger sister.

"Hey, Beccs."

"Hi, Bevvy."

"What you doing?" I pick her up, placing her on my waist.

"I wanted to play with James, but he says that he doesn't want to." She pouts.

"Why don't I play with you instead?" I suggest.

"That's even better." She riggles in my hold, eventually dropping to the floor and running over to her toys.

She sits crossed-legged in front of a mess of plastic toys, some dolls of princesses, and others knights. She picks up a princess, brushing her hair and smiling at her pink dress. I sit in front of her, and she passes me a doll of a knight. His armour is a little torn, not being taken care of as much as the princess, but still, fit enough to fight. His sword is glued to his hand, sharp and flimsy. She starts running her doll around the floor, telling me to chase after her. She pulls out a dragon cuddly toy, fake fire blowing out of its mouth. She tells me that I need to save her from the ferocious dragon and kiss her awake, or I fail my mission. I do as she says, listening in to the conversation between Steve and Bucky.