𝐗𝐈𝐈

TW: Shipping for war, praise kink, unprotected sex, and dirty talk

TW: Shipping for war, praise kink, unprotected sex, and dirty talk. (This is a long one)

[Ride - Lana Del Rey]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

With all my belonging in my handbag, I swing the strap over my shoulder, holding it in place. Steve rushes all over his apartment, trying to find his coat. He frantically runs to each room, ripping them apart, trying to find his coat. I laugh at his stance, finding it ironic that such a small man has the body strength to create such a mess. I look behind the bedroom door from the frame, seeing the coat hanging on the corner. I grab it, coughing and grabbing Steve's attention. He sighs at the sight, walking over and putting it on.

"Thanks. Where did you find it?" He asks.

"On the back of the door." I chuckle.

"Jesus. I'm a mess today." He sighs.

"Don't stress about it. I'm excited for the Expo too."

A knock on the door sounds through the apartment, gaining both of our attention. We walk over to it, seeing a tall silhouette through the glass. Steve opens the door, and both of us raise our eyebrows at the sight. Bucky stands behind the door, looking down at the floor, nervously. Even after the door opens, Bucky doesn't look up at us.

"Bucky? I thought we were meeting at the Expo?" Steve inquired.

"Yeah, um." He walks into the apartment.

In his hands is an envelope, clenched in between his fingers. He doesn't make eye contact, concentrating on the ground. My eyes wander to his hand, focusing on the envelope. Stamped on the front is a logo, black and large. It reads at the bottom a horrifying sign, bringing tears to my eyes. Even before reading the title, I recognised the logo as that from the war.

"No," I whisper.

Bucky finally looks up at me, eyes trained on the tears slipping down my cheeks. Knowing that I recognise the logo, his face stiffens, his eyes going red and puffy. His lips quiver, but he bites back the tears, fighting them for us. I cover my mouth, muffling the sounds of my cries.

"What's going on?" Steve asks.

Instead of answering him, Bucky hands Steve the envelope, looking at his face carefully. Steve's eyes scan the logo, not needing to read the letter to understand. He hands Bucky back the envelope, tears brimming in his eyes. Steve sniffs, whipping his nose with his sleeve. I rush over to Bucky, pulling him in for a hug. I hold onto him tight, too scared to let him go. Bucky wraps his arms around my waist, pushing his face into my neck. I turn my head, ushering Steve to join the hug, which he does. The room falls silent, the only noise interrupting it was the occasional sniff or cry from each of us.

"Please don't let this change anything," Bucky whispers.

"But this changes everything." I bawl.

"It doesn't have to, Bevvy." His eyes are wet. "At least don't let it change tonight. Let's just go to the Expo and enjoy tonight. I have to leave tomorrow morning."