𝐗𝐗𝐕

TW: Kidnapping, torture, and violence

[Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Lorde]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

As Howard steers the plane through the clouds, Steve and I prepare for landing. We strap our weapons to our bodies, easily accessible and loaded. Peggy watches through the front windows and sits next to Howard in the passenger seat, guiding him on where to fly next. A large building comes into view as we pass through the clouds, grimy and run-down.

"Okay, I've got good news and bad news." Howard hollers.

"Good news first," I say.

"It helps cushion the blow of the bad news." Steve and I say in unison.

"Okay, good news, we are here."

"And the bad news?" I ask.

"We can't land anywhere." He hesitates.

"What!" Steve and I shout.

Howard looks over at Peggy, ushering her to walk over to us. She does, looking nervous as she picks at her fingernails. Steve and I stand with our arms crossed over our chests, waiting impatiently for her to talk.

"Well, we can't land the plane because it would be in the right eyeliner of all the guards outside the building. It would be too dangerous." She explains.

"Okay, so what's the plan?" I ask.

"We jump," Steve answers matter of factually.

"No, that's not happening." Peggy shuts it down.

"Come on, we need to get him out of that place. We. Are. Jumping." Steve argues.

"If you have to, then we need to find the parachutes." Peggy sighs.

"Quickly, we need to get in there." Steve looks over at me.

Peggy runs through the plane, panicking to quickly find the parachutes. Howard stalls the plane, flying it very slowly through the air. Steve and I wait impatiently for Peggy to walk back in with the parachutes. When she does, she looks guilty. She holds one large bag, with the SHIELD logo on the front. She walks over to us, handing Steve the bag.

"There was only one." She sighs.

"Alright, we can make this work." Steve nods his head.

He takes out the parachute, wrapping it around his body. Strapping it onto his chest, he grabs onto my hand. Knowing what he is thinking, I get out of his hold and walk over to the front of the base. I pull Howard into a hug, nestling my head into his neck. He sighs into the hug, telling me to be careful. I warn him to be alert, pulling from the hug. Walking back over to the middle of the plane, I gasp.