𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

TW: Fighting and death

[Lights Are On - Tom Rosenthal]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

At the edge of the mountains, stands Steve, Bucky, me, and the rest of the Howling Commandos. A few of them are talking with Steve, deciding our next moves. We are all waiting for the train which Is due to arrive soon, with the enemy we are trying to take down. Steve looks nervous as a few of the other men suggest zip-lining across the mountains and onto the train. Even I can feel the nerves bubbling in the pit of my stomach at the suggestion.

Nodding his head at the others, Steve tells them to prepare all the equipment for jumping across the mountains and onto the train soon. He stalks over to us, strapping his shield to his back. I check my pockets and holsters for my guns and knives, double-checking over and over again. Bucky looks nervous but attempts to hide it. It's a shame for him that I can read him like a damn book.

The other men begin strapping the front of the zip line to a tree beside us, pulling on it to make sure that it is secure. One of them tells Steve that they won't be able to hold it for all of us to go over, so he needs to decide who gets to go on the train. He turns over to us, raising his eyebrows and smiling. I sigh, looking down at my feet. Bucky grabs my hand, pulling me towards Steve and the zip line.

One of the men pulls the zip line gun and places the end on his shoulder, aiming at the railway. We all wait for the train to arrive and get the zip line ready. The man stands on the edge of the mountain, waiting with a sharp eye. Steve stands in between Bucky and me, all of us looking nervously at the railway.

"Remember when we made you ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky asks.

"Yeah, and I threw up." Steve shivers at the memory.

"This isn't payback, is it?" Bucky whispers, looking at the railway.

"Now, why would I do that?" Steve smirks.

Bucky laughs, slapping his hand on Steve's shoulder. Walking away, Bucky grabs my hand, pulling me from Steve. I follow him away from the others, into the trees. Bucky strokes my arm, pushing me against a tree. He presses a kiss to my cheek before my lips, pulling me close to him. I wrap my arms around his neck, holding him close to me.

"Bucky, I'm scared," I admit.

"Look at me." He places his hands on my cheeks. "Please, B. Look at me."

He leans down and looks up into my eyes, smiling at me. I lift my head, letting Bucky stand to his proper posture. He pulls me into a hug, stroking my hair and kissing the crown of my head. I sigh into his uniform, smelling his natural scent and locking it into memory. He pulls from the hug, holding me by my waist and keeping me close to him. I wrap my arms around his neck again, loving how close we are together.