𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

TW: Praise kink, dirty talk, and semi-public sex

[Stand Still - Sabrina Claudio]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

The evening breeze blows under the tent, swarming the inside and making chills run up and down all our spines. Steve stands in the middle of the group, leaning over the table with a map in his hand, all eyes are on him. The small group of soldiers we have gathered for upcoming missions includes a few soldiers Steve and I deemed worthy and some of the soldiers we saved from the HYDRA compound. Bucky stands close to me, constantly having his hand on my skin. He is either stroking my arm or holding my hand, even when he laid his chin on my shoulder and looked down at the table.

The commander is sitting behind his desk, watching us all discuss our plans. He doesn't speak up, considering that every time he does, the entire group shuts down whatever stupid comment he was going to make. Occasionally, Howard and Peggy drop by and make a contribution. It is all helpful in our upcoming missions.

Steve holds a red marker pen, the lid still placed over the tip since we haven't yet had a groundbreaking piece of evidence that can help us defeat our next HYDRA base. The main forces are the men who were previously captured, telling us the few bases that they know of, having heard the guards talking about them around their cell.

"Wait, I defiantly heard about this one." A soldier points to a location on the map.

Steve looks over at Bucky and me, a surprised look on his face. We both join him in the confusion, seeing that the base the soldier pointed out is very close to the camp. The group falls silent, looking over at Steve. He pulls the lid off the marker, circling the base. He folds the map up, placing it on the commander's desk. Everyone gets out of the tent, Steve being the last one and closing the flap behind him.

The soldiers walk ahead, towards the large hut in the middle of the field. Bucky, Steve, and I walk together, the moonlight illuminating the way. Bucky opens the door, holding it open for Steve and me. We go together to grab our plates of food, trying to find a spot to sit. Steve and I follow Bucky to a bench, deciding to sit with him and other soldiers instead of at the official's table.

"Are you guys ready for the upcoming mission?" Steve asks.

"Sure," I mumble before putting my fork in my mouth.

"We have to be." Bucky groans.

We fall into silence again, the only sound interrupting it is the clinking of the metal forks against the plates as everyone eats. Bucky constantly looks over at me, us sitting beside each other and Steve opposite us. Steve drops his fork, sighing and crossing his arms on the table.

"I've got to ask, what's going on between you two?" He questions.

"Uh, well." Bucky looks over at me. "I like Beverly very much."