Chapter 4

I was sitting on my bed silent , since I saw what happened I did not go out of my room. Not because I was scared of him but because I was trying to rationalise my thoughts .

That guy came with a gun, so he deserved in return  what he was here to serve  but what I could not get out of my head was Danish.

His cold demeanor , the scary and sinister look he had . What if in his anger he would end up hurting me someday!

The guy did not give two shits about me anyway.

" Di, I got you something to eat," Ree said and behind her came Rushant bhaiya. He grabbed the plate from her and told her to leave. I sat up straight as Rushant bhaiya handed me the plate ," I am not hungry bhaiya," I mumbled and he nodded and kept the plate away on the table.

" Still in shock?" he asked and I looked up at him.

" I know what happened , Danish told me," he said and I fiddled with my fingers .

Of course he told Rushant Bhaiya, I figured out later that they were batchmates in college. And Danish somewhat talked to Rushant Bhaiya normally.

" It was just so sudden and unexpected ," I mumbled when bhai kept his hand on my head .

" That is how reality is Kashvi , why do you think dad is always looking out for you people ? The reason he is so strict is because he has seen this side of life ," he said .

" But bhai, he literally looked so scary!" I mumbled and bhai smiled ," I wont lie Kashvi but he is scary , that guy manages to shut even me up ," bhai shrugged and I ran a hand through my face.

Ofcourse! It was Danish Singhania we were talking about!

" Don't tell this to anyone and stop overthinking it! " bhai said and I nodded .

.....

I was walking downstairs for the mehndi when I was again pulled against the wall . This was the third time he was doing it , and the moment he grabbed my wrist I knew it was him.

I was not going to let him know that I was scared of him ever!

" Tell me , do you just love pulling me against walls or you just don't know how to be civil and talk to me?"  I asked folding my hands . He was staring at me intently and then he pinched the bridge of his nose.

" Which one?" I asked again .

" I would be civil but you don't give me a reason to ! " he exclaimed and I snorted.

" Dont give me that attitude Kashvi," he warned and I walked away slowly.

" I need to go," I said and ran away from him.

There was laughter all around the place, the music blared from the speakers as the girls danced in the middle happily . " Kaju come!" my bhabhi called for me as she led me near everyone and now I was the centre of attention which I did not like even a little bit .

Sighing I sat down when badi maa patted my hair, " Her mehendi should be the most beautiful," she commanded the girls who grabbed my both hands.

I smiled briefly at badi maa. Her affection after last conversation we both had, felt so better. I thought that we would not talk properly but here she was treating me happily , just the way she was supposed to be with Deepti.

My mom came kissed my head and then they left to talk about something with Taauji. I sat idle looking at my hands getting the design with mehendi when Ree came and hugged me from behind.

" You look beautiful," she mumbled and I smiled at her.

I was upset earlier about the whole thing but I did not want to ruin it for them. With Deepti running away ,they had already a lot going on . I sat there for whole two hours till they finish and then I was told to wait and let it all dry completely .