Chapter 25

Kashvi-

After changing into my night clothes , I sat on the edge of the bed wondering what to watch.My mehendi was dried up and since I slept earlier I wasn't sleepy anymore.

I was just scrolling through different genres of movies when my phone ringed.

It was Abir. After so long .

Picking up his call , I walked towards the balcony ," Hey," I said.

" Hii Kashvi, how are you doing?" He asked with the same level of excitement.

" Just attending a family function, what about you?"

It felt good talking to him after almost a month , I had literally restricted talking to Abir after the rumour incident happened.

" I'm going to Mumbai finally, so I decided to catch up with you guys before leaving,"  he said and a huge grin covered my face.

Going to Mumbai was a dream.

Although it was a populated city and true struggle  but the night life, Cinema , Film Industry and a great exposure for artists like us made it worth it.

It was indeed a city of dreams.

" The time to leave Mini Mumbai has finally come," he said referring to Indore.As much as happy I felt for the next step of his life , I was going to miss him a lot.

He was one of my most closest friend afterall.

" Best of luck Abir," I mumbled , just then the door of my room unlocked and I glanced from the side as  Danish entered inside loosening his tie.

" I've an offer for you also, come with me ," he said jokingly and I stared at the night sky .

If only I could .

"You know my story already ," I mumbled .Abir and Sneha , both of them knew how my family was and their old beliefs stood stronger than my wishes .

" Kashvi, when will you stop this? You need to take a step in the direction of your growth at some point . Theatre isn't the only option , you can do much more like sign up as a model, audition for a TV serial and then you dance also . You have so much talent,  it would be a pity to see you repress them and not put a fight for them," he stated his view.

I knew how damn right he was .

His words made me reflect on what I was actually doing . I always knew that I needed to start at some point , fight all the biases of my family and work towards my goals and dreams.

I sighed and held onto the cold railing," I know Abir but now it's not just my family . What about my in-laws? I've responsibilities as a daughter-in-law and  wife of a famous businessman, " I said.

There was not even a pause as he replied ," Kidding me Kashvi? Your in-laws gave you the freedom to work , I'm sure they will agree with your decisions ," he said and I bit my lip .

We wouldn't know that exactly, I was not exactly aware of their views on Film and Acting career.

" What about Danish?" I voiced out.

There was a pause for a while ," Your husband is all over the media and magazine covers Kashvi, I bet he would disagree with your profession and if he does then he isn't exactly the man the world perceives him to be," he said.

I shook my head and wondered how Danish would react on this topic of  conversation .

" I'll figure it out , let it be , when are you leaving?" I asked him changing the topic.