Chapter 21

Apologies for any typing errors!

Kashvi-

I pretended something which I actually could do easily but right now my curiosity held more power over my sleep. I didn't know how much time passed , probably around ten or twenty minutes when I felt Danish breathing normally and it felt like he went into a slumber.

But to assure myself, I raised my hand and waved it near his face then I poked his side a little which made him shuffle but his eyes were closed providing me the relief that he finally slept.

I slowly got up, trying my best to not create any sound and slowly tip-toed towards his side . I stared at him for a while but he was in the same position.

I turned and pulled the drawer to see what was he hiding and the sight left me shocked.

'A gun," I whispered to myself.

A freaking gun in our room!

"Stop overreacting Kashvi-, you've seen him shoot," my subconscious countered .

Yeah on our haldi ceremony but it wasn't his.

"So what he knows how to use one.Not a big deal,"

It was in our room. What was the requirement even?

I slowly picked it up to check if it was real or not . The weight cleared all my doubts.

It was indeed real and I was in disbelief.

Before I could react, it was snatched from my hand while my hand was pulled behind me as the cold metal rested against my temple.

"What are you doing!?" I questioned but it came out as a shout. I was absolutely scared of weapons like guns and all.

He pulled me behind more pressing my back against his chest as he leaned near my shoulder.

" What were you trying to do Kashvi?" he questioned back in my ear , his tone clearly cold which made shivers run down my spine.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down but the cold feeling just made me feel more anxious .

" I..I was just checking as you were h...hiding something," I stuttered replying his question.

God Kashvi, calm down first.

"And since I was hiding from you , you shouldn't have interfered. Were you going to use it on me?" He questioned and all the blood drained my face .

"What are you implying? I was..just looking," I mumbled wondering whether he was going to believe me or follow the lead of his stupid question.

"You think I'll listen to you after all the times you lied to me Kashvi,"he said bitterly and I felt like crying out of fear.

" I swear-," I tried to defend myself but he cut me off.

"You always face consequences when you meddle with Danish Singhania," he said pressing the barrel of the gun more into my head and I hear him take off the safety.

His one single mistake  and it would be end of my lífe.

What the hell was he doing!

Fear griped my heart  as I heard him pull the trigger,"Danish,"his name came out as a whisper as I squeezed my eyes shut scared out of my mind.

I stilled in my place , the only sound that could be heard was of my heavy breaths.

Nothing happened.

I opened my eyes slowly as I felt his grip loosen around me and slowly the thing pressing against my head was also gone.