Chapter 16

Kashvi-

Straightening up my back,  I glanced lazily towards the door and there stood Sameer holding a tray of food,  he entered inside slowly.

" What happened?" I questioned him but all he gave me was a look which said ' I'm-so-done-with-you'.

He placed it in front of me and sat next to me, " I was waiting for you," he replied," to eat with you but you are sitting idle since past three hours,".

I sighed and grabbed the tray,  quickly digging in.  I was hungry to be honest, but felt too lazy to get up and go downstairs. " I'm missing dadu(grandpa) , there that old man is enjoying with his friends, " he whined showing me a recent picture of dadaji standing near the river bank with few other people around his age smiling at the camera.

A brief smile took over my face as I went through his other pictures.

Even I was missing him.

" Why are you so silent?" Sameer questioned handing me a water bottle as we finished eating. I shook my head, looking at the floor," Nothing, I'm just tired," saying this, I stood up and walked inside the washroom .

" Bhabhi!" he called but I ignored him.  Just because I was a good actor did not mean that I was good at lying also,  especially in front of my family members.

When I walked outside after washing my face, Sameer was already gone . I glanced at the watch and decided to go downstairs to see if mom came back or not.

Early morning she had left for her friend's place to visit her. I sat on the living room couch,  unlocking my phone to give her a call but stopped when I heard her voice.

" Sam! Kashvi! Look what I got for both of you," she called walking inside. Sameer came out of the room, " What is it?" he asked while I looked at her curiously.

" Ice-cream," she said childishly, Sameer smiled and grabbed his share while giving me mine." I was elaichi chai (cardamom tea) from your hands after you finish this,"she ordered Sameer who pouted.

" I should've known her intentions behind this treat," he mumbled which made me smile. I looked at mom and stood up," I'll set the table mom, you must be tired," she patted my shoulder making me sit again.

" No Kashvi, when will he learn? Let him do it," she said.

" Mom, you are breaking my heart, " he mumbled acting to be hurt walking inside the kitchen. She shook her head, " He's the drama queen of this house," she mumbled walking towards her room.

I focused on my ice-cream as it soothed my taste buds, whenever I was down,  it always helped my mood .

" Since only four of us are home, I also want to go somewhere then I'll make that old man jealous, " Sameer said hugging mom. She patted his head lovingly.

" I told you to go with Dad and Advika to your relative's place but you did not agree," mom said and he pouted. He sat next to me and sighed dramatically," You'll never understand," he said.

I smiled at them, missing my mother suddenly. If I wasn't in hurry to leave after I met Alisha, I would have stayed and spent some time with my family.

............................

I was roaming in the balcony waiting for Danish.  Today,  he was really late,  not that everyday he wasn't. It was just that I was awake and well, waiting for him.

I ran down stairs as soon as his car entered the lot. I was suddenly acting like a kid waiting for his dad.

He walked inside pooling tired as always  and Neena gave him a glass of water as he sat on the living room couch eyeing me suspiciously.