Chapter 12

I apologize in advance for errors or mistakes.❤

Danish-

I turned around and opened my eyes slowly, everything felt so warm and I was surrounded by her fragrance. I was not a light sleeper but the amount of times she rolled on the bed till she found a comfortable position disturbed the hell out of me.

But I was used to this, it was not the first time I woke up with her hands and legs all wrapped up around myself, her breath fanning my neck as her face pressed more under my chin.

A warm feeling settled within me, as I closed my eyes again and realized my hands were wrapped around her waist involuntarily again.

She was too close to me but I and her we both had a long distance.

She was my wife on papers and with each day passing she was turning into something more ,somewhere my weakness.

When I came back earlier, I had found her on the floor which got me worried sick at first but then I realized that she was fast asleep. I looked at her bruise on the knee which she got when she fell according to Rahul.

The man got on my nerves so much sometimes but he was my best friend.
.............................................................

He literally barged inside my office late evening when I was busy talking to my client over a phone call, he came and snatched my phone and hanged up.

I glared at him and was about to yell at him because Rahul or anyone else no-one ever dared to go against me but I stopped.

He was clearly angry which was quite rare.

Rahul was completely opposite of me, and if he was mad there had to be a reason. " How dare you hurt my buttercup!" he shouted at me.

If it was some another day and he did this, he would not return back home in a good shape but the matter was different today.

The room fell silent as I stared out of my glass window.

I was so blinded by my anger to act rational, and it was just a matter of seconds. I had hurt her.

It wasn't the first time I had done something like this to someone , people often faced my wrath but it wasn't just someone this time.

" I wanted to punch you so hard when I found out what you did! But looking at your face I just can't ," he mumbled sitting down on the leather couch of my office.

I walked and sat on my chair , calling my PA, " Get us two cups of coffee, " I ordered and turned towards Rahul.

" You know, I felt so bad when I found her sitting and crying because she fell and scraped her knee, " I tried to protect her for this of course! So she goes around slipping and getting hurt!

" But I felt disappointed when I found out what you did," the guilt within me increased when he said that. Anger could be dissolved but disappointment, it breaks a person's trust.

I was still silent, not knowing what to say so I kept listening to him.

" For some people it might not even a big deal, you made a mistake and it's fine. But this is us Danish, we weren't raised like this! You, of all people know that very well. If your family members found out it would just give your father a chance to point out how right he is,"

That is what made my blood boil, mentioning my father!

" He's not right! I am not at all the way he thinks I am." I stated coldly and Rahul folded his hands looking up at me.