Chapter 22

Kashvi-

"How's Danish?" she asked standing next to me. My first instinct was to ignore her but I didn't want to give rise to any conflict , for Deepti specially so I turned towards her and replied,

" He's good , busy with work," I turned back around looking at the collection of sarees.

But guess what? Alisha couldn't be at peace without disturbing mine.

" Ofcourse he's good since I'm back but are you sure he's busy with work only?" She questioned and this time I decided to ignore her but it felt unsettling to leave her like this only.

"Last time I remember, he got pissed just by looking at you. I'm sure you are contributing to his happiness ,ofcourse!" I snapped sarcastically and turned around focusing on the sarees getting displayed by the shopkeeper . Before she could utter anything else , Ree came and stood between us preventing her and I to get into any sort of conversation.

I sighed and glanced at Deepti and Anuj jiju sharing glances at each other . I smiled and then looked around when my eyes took the notice of a beautiful red saree , it had a work of glass on it which made it shine even more.

I poked Ree sideways motioning her to look at the red saree , she gave me a thumbs up and was about to tell the shop worker to keep it aside but a high pitched voice spoke out making me roll my eyes.

" I like this red Saree, and I'm definitely buying it . It's my brother's wedding afterall," Alisha said . Her mom patted her head," Ofcourse, you'll look the prettiest in this," she said praising her daughter as if she was a kid.

" Yeah Sanwri Ji(Anuj's mom) is right," my mom joined them too.

I looked at the saree pouting in sadness as she took it before me , it was the only saree after so many which were shown , that caught my attention.

" Danish loved red on me , he always got me dresses mostly which were red ," she said to me in a low voice as she passed by me . I clenched my fists glancing at her as she smirked at me.

What was she trying to proof!

That Danish preferred her more than me?

Is she delusional?

Exactly, I'm his wife and she's his ex girlfriend!

His contract wife, Kashvi!

Ughhh!

I hated my subconscious at times like this.

Alisha and her comment about red just turned my mood sour. I absentmindedly looked at the sarees as the one I liked was gone already.

There shopping went for almost three more hours while I just stared at the drama unfolding in front of us all. Deepti was fighting with Anuj jiju over a choice he made . He was hell bent on buying that one piece for her and she on the other hand, didn't want it at any cost.

I shook my head getting enough of them and walked out to get some fresh air .

Looking at the displays I didn't find any interest , I was so damn stuck on that saree,

Or probably the fact that Alisha took away that saree?

Rolling my eyes at no-one , I looked around but since it was too warm outside I went inside again.

Everyone was done by then, " Kashvi you didn't buy anything?" Badi maa questioned . I sighed and gave her a brief smile before replying ," I didn't find anything of my taste badi maa , probably I'll go with Ree tomorrow to get myself something separately,"