Ruby Red| Central Cee

"You're as cold as ice

"You're as cold as ice..." 

Y/N rolled her eyes turning off the song playing through the speakers. She quickly hit the skip button changing the song. She flipped through to her camera applying her signature red lipstick to her lips. She sighed flicking her wrist. The time read 1 am. She leaned against the corner store counter pulling at the red vest that sat on her chest.

The rain outside poured down. Y/N eyed the store cameras. The shop was empty. She pulled out her phone scrolling through Instagram. The bell dinged alerting her that someone had entered.

She wearily eyed the cameras behind the counter. Y/N sighed lowly noticing the group of men enter. She lifted her head to see better.

Three men in bubble coats and sheisty masks skipped happily through the aisles. She could hear the crisp bags open. The freezer doors slammed shut as they grabbed drinks.

She was surprised when only one came to the counter. Y/N blew her bubble gum popping it loudly.

"Hi." She spoke in a monotone voice.

"Hey."

Y/N squinted her eyes at him. He had familiar eyes. With the bottom half of his face covered she couldn't recognize him.

"That's all?" She asked scanning the variety of snacks.

He nodded. Y/N finished scanning his items. She read his total as she bagged them. He pulled out his phone and placed it near the scanner.

"Yo' wait outside for me, yeah?" The voice spoke again setting alarms off in Y/N's head.

She watched as his friends took the bag and left standing out front. Y/N pulled out her mace turning the nozzle open.

He chuckled, "It ain't that type of party darlin'."

Y/N smiled as he pulled down his mask. She finally recognized him.

"Oh my gosh! Boy, why didn't you just speak earlier? Had me ready to knock you out." Y/N's English accent was still there after all those years.

Oak smiled back, "I thought you knew. My bad, baby."

Y/N blushed slightly, "Still the smooth talker I see."

She handed over his receipt. Oakley tugged on it purposefully touching her hand. Y/N eyed his hand for a moment before pulling away. She turned her head looking at the front door. Oakley eyed her.

"Am I making you nervous?"

Y/N responded immediately. Her wall shooting straight back up, "No. You caught me off guard."

"What time you off?" He asked ignoring her obvious discomfort.

Y/N rubbed her arm shyly, "Next hour."

"Cool. I'll see you around yeah." He smiled at her again sending chills down her spine.

Y/N waved as he left the store. She let out a breath she was holding. Y/N knew what he meant by that. She wouldn't be surprised if he kept tabs on her for the rest of the week. He was her oldest friend of course.

Y/N zipped up her coat as she peered outside. The wind chipped at her face as she scanned her surroundings. She turned the key on the door locking it. Y/N pulled up her coat hoodie letting the fur on top cover her forehead.

She walked towards her apartment ultimately stopping when she noticed a familiar car. Its headlights stalked her movements. Y/N tried to hide her look of distaste. She cut the corner and walked over to the car. She knocked three times on the window.

"Did you wait out here all this time?" Y/N asked as Oakley rolled down his window.

"Get in."

Y/N let herself into the car feeling the warmth of the blasting heat. She rubbed her cold hands together. He reached into the backseat pulling out hot food. Y/N graciously took the bag.

"You still remember. That's so cute." She began stuffing her face with chips.

He peered over at her, "You doin good?"

Y/N paused taking the time to swallow her food, "Just living you know how it is."

"How's your moms?"

Y/N crumpled the bag setting it at her feet, "We don't talk anymore." 

He nodded, "What happened to you?"

Y/N averted her eyes staring at the rain hitting the car window, "Nothing you need to know. Seems like you already knew enough."

He tried not to smile, "Are you still mad about that?"

"Oakley, don't play with me." Y/N gave him a deadpan look.

He cringed at his name, "They don't call me that anymore."

Y/N laughed putting on her best British accent, "It's Cench, innit?" 

Oakley laughed loudly, "Oh my God. You know your accent is still terrible?"

"Every time you respond it's always a question! Pull up over there." Y/N pointed to the empty parking spot in front of her flat.

"I was just trying to catch up with you. I haven't seen you in years."

Y/N's hard face softened, "Well, you haven't exactly been around lately. You're all famous now."

He shook his head, "I still should've stayed in touch."

Y/N looked up through the windows of her apartment. A light flickered on inside, "I gotta go. My number is still the same, okay?"

"Okay."

She leaned over and kissed his cheek leaving a red lipstick stain behind. She closed the door and walked around to the driver's side door. He rolled the window down. 

Y/N held onto her smile, "Don't be a stranger! Apparently, I'm as cold as ice. Next time you wanna write a song about me make sure you pay me. Bye Cench or whatever they call you now!"

"So you have heard the song yeah?" He shouted out the window as she tracked to her apartment. 

Y/N turned around throwing up her middle finger, "It's good alright!"

Authors Note:

okay, I actually liked this one!

vote and comment!

This didn't have any sex scenes so y'all get a break today!

Posting every day if I can or until my creative juices stop flowing!