There For You| Central Cee

requested by tanakaswhore

trigger warning: this deals with the loss of a loved one

Y/N watched the rain fall down the tall windows of her condo. The dark and stormy skies matched her mood. Her eyes were damn near swollen from the crying she did earlier. Y/N had buried one of the most important people in her life, her grandmother.

She squeezed her fluffy blanket bringing it up to cover her face. The texture was the only thing keeping her awake. Her phone vibrated on the glass coffee table. Her eyes fell upon the screen. Her boyfriend had been calling and texting her for the past few days.

Y/N watched it ring until the room went silent again. Her eyes closed as she tried to erase the painful memories until bangs started at her front door. Y/N stayed still hoping it was just random but when they kept going it made her irritated.

She walked to the door silently. Her eyes widened when she looked through the peephole. Her boyfriend stood on the other side, "Y/N, I know you're in there. Open up."

"Fuck." She whispered looking at her condo.

It was a hot mess. She scrambled trying to throw out the take-out boxes, cover up the dirty dishes and move everything out of sight. The banging continued until she called out, "Hold on."

Y/N grimaced at her voice. She hadn't spoken to anyone in days. She smelled her sweatshirt and shook her head. Now he was really going to be mad at her. Y/N opened the door slightly, the chain preventing him from entering.

Oakley's face softened at the sight of her, "What's going on? Are you okay?"

Y/N nodded feeling the tears come back up, no one had asked her that. Oakley's shoulders shrunk, "Babe open the door, please. I'm not here to judge you. I just wanted to see you."

Y/N hesitated and he noticed. Oakley put his hands through the door staring at her, "Open it."

She gave him an irritated look as she waved him in. He stuffed his hands inside of his sweatpants eyeing her condo. It was the worst he had ever seen, "What happened?"

Y/N stood in front of him quietly. Her hesitation is still there. He caressed her face realizing she was crying. He lifted her chin, "You can trust me."

Y/N blinked as a few tears slipped from her eyes, "My grandmother died, Oakley."

His eyes softened. He knew how important she was in YN's life. Without a second thought, he hugged her tightly. She hugged back crying a bit, "I'm sorry I didn't say anything. It's just I was focused on making sure her funeral was perfect."

Oakley shushed her, "No need."

Y/N didn't say a word as he forced her to take a shower. When she came back out her condo was cleaned from top to bottom. She could hear the dishwasher running and the soft patter of rain. With now a clean place and a clean body, Oakley handed her a hot teacup.

"Sit down."

Y/N's stomach growled when she saw her favorite takeout on the coffee table. She smiled slightly feeling her heart leap. Oakley passed her a plate as he brushed her hair back. "Thank you."

He shook his head, "No need to say that. Y/N you can't keep stuff from me."

"I know. I just didn't want to burden you." She said pushing her finished plate away.

Oakley kissed her lips, "You aren't a burden to me. I'm supposed to help you get through shit like this no matter what it is."

"You mean that?" She questioned feeling way better than before.

He flashed her a warm smile holding out his pinky. She laughed for the first time in days. Y/N locked her pinky with his and pulled him in for a kiss.

"I love you." She whispered as she laid on his chest.

His laugh made her heart thump, "I love you too."

Authors Note:

I hope this is what you wanted

sorry for mistakes