ten

first chapter back y'all better comment

colby and elaine sat on the cough talking, with colby's arm around her and elaine leaning into him.

"it's still weird that our youngest son has a girlfriend. our 14 year old son, has a girlfriend."  eva said.

"jake how could you let your little brother get a girlfriend before you." vic said.

"it's not my fault there's a girl colby's age living next door." jake said in response.

"you have hartley."

"but that's hartley. she's....hartley." jake said.

then someone banged on the door aggressively, "open up. i know you're in there." celia said.

eva groaned, "ugh celia." "colby! be a love, shape-shift into me so i don't have to deal with her."

celia then came in, "i don't have all day. well, i do. but i don't wanna waste it on y'all. i don't know why elaine and hartley do.

"anyway, i just came to let you know i installed security cameras around the property."

"oh, well... if this is about the missing tomatoes from your garden, i'm betting a deer stole them. or ate them. i don't know what deer do." eva said covering the fruit bowl, where the tomatoes sat.

"well, they don't like you to ride them. that much i know is true."

"ao what's with the security camera, celia? trying to stay safe from criminals?" jake said.

"or helping criminals stay safe from you?" vic joked, but celia gave him a glare. "by the way, thanks for stopping by."

"i installed them because this little girl right here, keeps sneaking out to go over here!" celia said staring at elaine.

"and her excuse is always, 'i want to see colby, he's my only friend!'" celia said.

"because i am, and she's mine." colby said.

"and why is your arm around my granddaughter?"

"sorry ma'am." colby said moving his arm and sitting up in the couch.

"i'm supposed to tell you, you might be recorded since one of my cameras is facing your house. that's the law, according to the chief of police, aka my boo."

"wait, what part of the house?" colby asked. "the back door." "that back door?" colby said pointing to the door in the kitchen.

"why's the child talking to me?" celia asked. "sorry, he was cuter when he was little." jake said. "now, why is this child talking to me?"

"anyway, i can use this app to watch all the footage. i just need to read the instructions and figure out how it works, which is gonna be way more exciting than sitting around listening to you, people." celia said leaving.

"and elaine, home by 7." "grandma, you always say 9 though!"

"that was before you and that child got suspicious."

celia closed the door and elaine sighed, slumping in the couch.

"this is bad." colby said. " so i stole a few tomatoes. hey, it might be the least evil thing i've ever done." eva said.

"no, i think celia's camera caught me using my power." colby said.

"that's on me. i had him shape-shift into a key when we got locked out." vic said.

"i wasn't shape-shifting." colby said.

"i didn't wanna tell you guys, but there's something else i can do. the camera might've caught me doing this." colby said.

he then ran around the house, coming right back in a single second. "you have super speed?" elaine asked, her jaw dropped.

"either that or those are really cool shoes with wheels." jake said. "you mean these? they only go this fast." vic said rolling over to jake.

"yeah, i was disappointed, too." vic sighed.

"okay, how can i have both shape-shifting and super speed? villains are only supposed to get one type of power." colby said.

"yeah. i mean, jake's a strength-based, amy's a sonic-based, mine are electrical, and your father lives here, too." eva said.

"hold up, are we really not gonna talk about dad's shoes?" jake said.

"look, while having two powers is certainly unique, it's not completely unheard of." vic spoke.

"why didn't you tell us? especially me." elaine said. "yeah. i could've sent you to get my breakfast and my lunch. and then maybe a little afternoon treat at the macaron shop." vic said.

"no, it's macaroon." eve corrected. "i am not getting into this with you again."

"it doesn't matter what it's called. i wouldn't wanna go." colby said shaking his head.

"that's why i didn't tell you. because i knew you'd all take advantage of my new power."

"what?" eva gasped.

"no.." jake said.

"never." elaine shook her head.

"absolutely." vic said loudly. "okay, whenever i leave the house now, i kick it into super speed as soon as i'm out the back door."

"yeah i guarantee it's gonna show up on celia's cameras." elaine said. "once she figures out that app, she's gonna learn the truth about us."vic said.

"unless we delete the footage on her phone before she sees it." eva said.

"we need to get celia back here quick."

"did someone say "quick?"" vic said skating slowly.