twenty six

everyone was back at the madden house, and were walking down the steps to get to the lair.

"all right, everyone, suit up. we've got to go to centropolis and rescue colby from onyx." amy said.

"so if you need to use the bathroom, do it now. you know how hard it is once we put these things on. let's move."

"amy, slow down. we all want to save your brother, but we have to be smart about this." vic said looking though his gadgets.

"then let's be smart and fast so we can get out there and take down onyx. because of that hooded freak, we had to change our identities and move to texas." amy said.

"but on the bright side, you made a new best friend." hartley said, chuckling.

"hartley, i need to be fueled by rage right now, so please don't take us on a detour to happy land." amy said turning to her.

"amy, your father's right. i was part of onyx's inner circle. i know how he operates. he will be expecting us to charge in there. we'll be walking right into his trap." eva said.

"which is why whatever we do has to be precise and carefully planned. or we will all be walking into deadly consequences." vic said.

"exactly. this could be the biggest battle of our lives." eva said.

"lucky for us, i have been creating an arsenal of new devices that will protect us." vic said taking out a large bag.

he took out one, "i called this one the jake." "aww, you named it after me?" jake said.

"yeah, it works, okay. just... not as good as i hoped it would be." vic said and jake's smile faded.

"kind of like you as a father?" jake shot back. "you don't have to be mean about it." vic muttered.

"if you're in any danger, i just aim this device at you. it'll dematerialize you and suck you right into the device. and then whenever it's safe, i just push this button, and it'll re-materialize you again."

"here, i'll demonstrate on jake." vic said, point it at jake. jake nervously chucked, "excuse me. do i get a say?"

"yeah. say "goodbye"."

jake got sucked into the device, and then vic turned around pointing it at the other side of the room.

jake materialized again, and everyone looked in shock. "whoa. i rematerialized. that was crazy.  i...wait."

jake looked at his fingers, "okay, ten, we're good."

"great job, dad. just toss that bad boy in the bag, and let's get to move on." amy said.

"not yet. i need to upgrade my vaporizing ray to give us a fighting chance, which means i need to go get some supplies." vic said running off.

"i'll go with you." eva said. "i'm kinda a smash to his grab."

"what does that even mean?" hartley said turning towards the others.

elaine sat anxiously as they all waiting for vic and eva to come back, but they were taking forever.

"ugh! mom and dad are taking forever." amy said loudly.

"i'm done waiting. i'm going to centropolis." elaine said.

"what? elaine, you can't. the madden's said it's too risky. and besides you're not a villian!" hartley said

"i have powers now."

"i want you to save colby, but i also don't want to lose my cousin because i made a stupid mistake by trusting declan!" hartley said.

"at least you admit it." amy muttered.

"hartley... i know you're just looking out for me, but i can't sit here while onyx keeps my boyfriend hostage. and besides, the last time i saw him i said words i really didn't mean, and i don't want that to be the last memory i have of him."

"i'm going. now."

"then i'm going with you." amy said, going over and getting her suit.

"jake, do something!" hartley said. "i'm gonna do something." jake said getting up and walking to amy and elaine.

"i'm going with them." jake said.

"what? i meant stop them."

"look, we both know amy and elaine combined is an unstoppable force. imagine how they would be with their powers combined too." jake said.

"we're nothing but roadkill in their rearview. besides, she's right. onyx is one of the most unstable villains on the planet. we have to get to colby before it's too late." jake said

"well, what if onyx takes you out in the process?" hartley asked.

amy sighed, "it's a risk we have to take."

"come on. let's go save colby."