thirty two

elaine walked into the madden house, where hartley was talking to the family.

"hey guys- colbs..your hair."

her jaw dropped, seeing her boyfriends hair blonde even though it was brown just the day before.

"for the third time it's not- wait...do you like it." colby smiled.

elaine walked to him, running her hands through his now blonde hair.

"yeah it really suits you." she smiled. colby smirked, "i dyed it, looks good right."

elaine smile dropped, "your lying." she said, hearing the truth in his head. he sighed, "i hate you having powers."

"anyways...before i was rudely interrupted. mary stevens is coming to town this weekend." hartley said smiling harder than ever.

"no way." amy said, clearly sarcastically. "yes!" hartley smiled.

"the mary stevens?" jake said leaning closer. "yes!" hartley squeeled.

"i have no idea who that is."

"me neither."

hartley through her hands down, "she's only the founder of the first sunshine club."

"mm, too bad she wasn't the very last." elaine muttered.

"every year, mary does a nationwide search for sunshine club president of the year." hartley said.

"and this year, i'm one of the top three finalists!"

"take that linda shermahotn of chapter 247." she scowled.

"aw har, i'm so happy for you!" elaine said. "really laine?" she smiled.

"no, i'm just trying to buzz my way out of hearing this tonight." elaine shrugged.

"okay, time for my news." colby said inpatiently. "in a minute blondie."

"i've tried every year to be nominated for this award, but being top three isn't good enough. i have to win." hartley said sitting on the couch.

"so i'm going to make her visit to valley view absolutely perfect."

"aw, i wish i could get excited about something so simple. but, you know, super computer brain. it's a real burden." vic said cockily.

"seriously? this morning, you squealed and clapped your hands at a donut." jake said.

"jake, what have i told you about spying on daddy during donut time?" vic yelled.

colby groaned. "okay, that's it. i'm telling my news."

"you and elaine are getting married?" amy blurted.

"one day."

"huh?"

"the chosen one has a new power. transference." colby said.

"it's pretty cool. check it out. colby, give me invisibility." vic said. "why gladly, old man."

colby and vic fist bumped, and a purple light came off of their fists. after a few seconds vic turned invisible, and everyone's jaws dropped.

"whoa."

"no way."

"all i have to do is think of one of my powers, then fist-bump it to whoever i want. then to get it back, the person just fist-bumps me."

colby reached out his fist, and vic fist bumped him and turned visible again.

"glad that worked. i did not know where my fist was." vic said going towards the kitchen.

"ooh! ooh! my turn. give me super speed." elaine said.

"of course my lady." colby smiled, fist bumping his girlfriend.

their fists illuminated purple, and then elaine looked around.

she started running, and suddenly became super fast. "woah!!" she yelled as she ran, loosing control.

elaine ran into colby, his grabbing the wall so he wouldn't fall, and his other arm holding elaine.

"got you." he smiled. elaine sighed, "how do you do that." she said fixing her hair.

"hey quit it love birds, i want one." amy said walking up to the two.

elaine moved from in front of colby, causing him to frown at her.  "um, give me kinetic manipulation."

colby gave his sister the power, and amy turned to jake. she reached out her hand, moving jake toward her.

"amy, stop!" jake said as he moved. "you're right. why would i want you closer to me?"

amy pushed jake back, him falling into the door and amy laughed.

"i've had my fill."she said, giving colby back his power.

"the only downside is that when someone else has one of my powers, i can't use it." colby said.

jake got up, going to colby."ueah, yeah, yeah. my turn. give me shape-shifting."

they fist bumped, and jake turned into celia which immediately made hartley and elaine jump back.

"hartley, get over here and rub my bunions." jake said as celia, and the siblings laughed.

"elaine, stop being all lovey dovey with your boyfriend. you're going to get mono!" jake said again.

"glad you all find out trauma so amusing." elaine said, her arms crossed.

"hey hey, red eyes. calm it lainey." colby said, seeing his girlfriend's eyes starting to turn red.

she sighed, closing her eyes and then opening her eyes after a few seconds.

"okay, we're good." she said. "speaking of the flame, how was that thing with your parents?" hartley said.

elaine smiled, "oh right! it's only my third 'lesson' but i learned how to control it a bit, and look at what i learned!"

elaine walked to the opposite side where everyone else was, rolling up her sweater sleeved.

she took a deep breath, clasping her hands. elaine closed her eyes, thinking of something that would make her angry.

after a minute her eyes opened, a bright red. she opened her hands, a ball of fire appearing as she kept it visible.

"woah." jake said, as they all looked in shock. "watch this!"

elaine moved her hands around, making the ball expand and get bigger. she twisted her hands, splitting it into two smaller ones.

"elaine what that's so cool!" amy said. "thanks." she smiled.

she made the fireballs go back to one, and then made it smaller until it was nothing.

they all clapped, elaine dusting ashes off her hands.

"the only problem is whenever i use my powers i'm left with ashes in my hands. i don't even know where they come from."  elaine shrugged.

"guess every power has a downside." colby shrugged.

"what's yours?" jake asked his brother. "oh i have none, chosen one things."

they all sighed, sick of colby saying he was the chosen one.

nayah speaks!

forgot who told me to upload but props to them.

also guys sorry for not writing, my first year of hs and it's just a lot of work. but break is the end of this week so some chaps will be out for all books for sure!