thirty four

hartley was running around decorating, and she wasn't complaining about stupid things or yelling...finally.

"great idea giving hartley your super speed, colby." amy said.

"it wasn't my idea. it was yours." colby said very confused.

"i know. i just wanted to hear you say it out loud." amy laughed.

"place looks great, hartley!" elaine said as her cousin decorated next to her.

"and she's gone."

harley ran back, "and she's back." amy said.

she quickly made a ballon entrance, amy, colby, and elaine all looking at her in shock.

"now that's how you tie a balloon... or 250!" hartley smiled.

"are you really trying to flex how many balloons you can tie?" colby said.

"having super speed is amazing!" harley said. "yeah, aside from that nasty collision with a pigeon, you've really gotten the hang of it." amy said.

"if you hadn't given me your power, we never could've gotten all this done in time." hartley said.

"oh, i almost forgot. the plastic blocks."

whooshing sounds were heard, the wind blinding the sight of the trio while harltey built giant legos

"ta-da!"

"yeah, i'm not hopping through that." colby said.

"hurry up and give me my power back so i can go do anything else but this." colby sigh.

"i feel so alive. with super speed, i can do anything." hartley walked away from colby.

"great! and you could start by giving me my power back." colby said, putting his fist out.

"i've been so busy trying to beat those other two sunshine club presidents. with super speed, i can do the work of 20. i can help so many more people, and i can finish my lifelong to-do list in a week." hartley said.

"i'm not giving you my power for a week"

harltey giggled. "i know. i'm keeping it forever." she ran away, hitting a door.

"who keeps closing these doors?"

-

"hartley, give colby his power back." elaine said walking over to her cousin.

"he has, like, 50, you all have powers i want one too. why can't i have this one?" hartley said.

"because without my super speed, i won't be the chosen one." colby said, and elaine smacked his shoulder.

"okay, well, now i'm on hartley's side." amy said, and colby rolled his eyes

colby sighed, "look, i told you this was gonna be a bad idea."

"how was i supposed to know she was gonna turn into a power-crazed maniac?" amy defended.

"more of a power-crazed maniac?" she corrected.

"what are we gonna do?" colby said. elaine gasped, "wait i have an idea."

elaine went up hartley, "hartley, i've been thinking, and you can't use super speed to do everything, because technically, that would be cheating."

hartley never cheats, and she hated people who do. so this was the only way to get colby's power back.

"you're right. i didn't even think about that." colby said