eleven

"okay. celia's on her way back over. we have to get our hands on that phone so we can delete the footage of colby using his power." vic said.

"okay. i have an idea." colby started. "oh, you've done enough, speedy." eva stopped him.

"just follow my lead. i'm a master of improv." vic said.

"or i can distract her, and get myself in trouble as you get her phone." elaine said. "you're not an exception speedy's girlfriend." vic said, and elaine groaned.

just then the door opened, "i'm back. why'd you call me over?" celia said as she walked in.

"i got nothing. you're captain now." vic said to elaine and ran farther from celia.

"hello. celia, we were thinking that you might like a nice portrait. and i could take it for you using your phone." eva said.

"hey what happened to your plan?" colby whispered to elaine.

"can't do it, i'm too nervous." elaine whispered back. "please try, so we don't have to go away."

elaine sighed, "you asked." then she shoved colby onto the couch, and plopped down next to him.

she started to carry on a random but quiet conversation with colby, and he got the hint.

elaine grabbed his arm, wrapping it around her waist.

"why do you think i invented selfies?" celia said sitting down. "you invented selfies?" colby suddenly asked.

"all inknow is, i was doing this back in 1975." celia said, pretending to take a selfie.

"i guess it just caught on." "wait you were alive in-" elaine started, and celia gave her the deadliest glare.

"2017...wow you're so young." elaine smiled, moving closer to colby as her and her grandmother held eye contact.

"well, then, why don't you give me your phone and then i can take a nice wide shot of you with everyone else? after all, we're one big family now." vic said.

"that's quite an assumption." celia scoffed. "that we're family?" eva asked. "no, that i'd want your weird faces on my phone." celia said.

"hey, your plan needs to start now." jake whispered.

elaine whimpered, then turned to colby. "colby i'm sorry in advance."

"what-"

colby was cut off when elaine kissed him, not like the other times they kissed, but with a weird drive.

her two legs were thrown over his, putting her fully on the couch, and colby's arm was still wrapped around elaine's waist.

elaine's hand moved to colby's face, pulling him closer.

"wait, celia. you play that word-o puzzle every day, don't you?" jake said. "sure do. i'm a word-o-"

celia spotted her granddaughter, practically making out with her so called best friend.

"elaine juliana brown!" celia yelled out, and elaine pulled away from colby as he sat there in shock.

"you are not going to be making out with a boy at 14!" celia yelled.

"we weren't making out. just a kiss, it was like 15 seconds."

vic and eva tried to grab celia's phone from the chair arm, as celia started to lecture elaine.

celia then saw them sneaking near her, then shot up grabbing her phone. "what are you all up to?"

"nobody touches my phone but me. at least i can figure out how to make certain pictures private." celia said.

vic spit out his water, and elaine's jaw dropped. "oh, but you know what i did figure out? how to use my security app. time to check my footage."

celia pressed buttons, then watched some footage on her phone. she then looked up at the madden's then back down.

she screamed, running out of the house and slamming the door. "our cover's blown. she obviously saw colby use his power." eva said.

"well, at least we avoided seeing those pictures she was talking about." vic said.

"she's so scared she stopped lecturing me." elaine said.

"i mean, if i have to risk getting my powers revealed to have you kiss me like that again then i'll tell the entire world." colby smirked.

"colby madden i swear-" elaine said hitting colby. "it was a joke! jeez..." colby said holding his arm.

he then smiled as he leaned in to kiss elaine again, which he instead kissed a pillow.

"i'm gonna kill you colby." elaine said. "now i see why you're celia's granddaughter."